• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Was the user camera profiles bug fixed in 11.01?

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the user camera profiles bug fixed in 11.01? It is a pain to roll it back if it wasn't. Thanks

Version 11.0, Windows 10.  Discussed this with Tech support, and they confirmed this bug.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you be more specific and describe the bug you are asking about?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

In the Develop module, Basic à Profile

Only the supplied profiles are coming up in 11.0, none of my user profiles are showing up, therefore color is not as accurate as it should be.

I have profiles for the various Nikons I have had over the years which all yield different color results, and I also reproduce and print art for various artists and I generated profiles for each of the shoots due to different lighting conditions. 

I talked to Adobe Customer support the day after the release of 11.0 and they acknowledged this problem and said the fix would be in an update.  As much as I love the new masking features, accurate color is more important, so we rolled Lightroom back to 10.4.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unaware of any bug currently in Lightroom Classic that fails to show a customer's profiles in Develop module.  I am not sure the information you have/were given is accurate.  Do you have a case number I can review? 

All of my profiles are showing in LrC 11.0 and 11.0.1 

You may want to provide some more specific inforamation and include some screenshots showing the issue.  I do not think there is a bug logged for this. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was behind the camera.

No, I do not have a case number, I was not offered one.  I was just told that others had the same problem it would be fixed in the next release.  I have not DL it because the fix to this problem was not in the release notes.

I had to restore the drive image with LR 11.0 on to show you what is happening:

So here we are in the Develop with the clients artwork opened,  I have cliked on the profile, color and this is what I get in the drop down menu.  Not much of a choice but to browse.

LR Profile 00.jpg

I then click on browse and these are the choices, my custom profiles are not showing up.  Did they move with this version?LR Profile 01.jpg

This is the folder with my profiles:

LR Profile 02.jpg

Please advise,  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that the 'Profiles' option is enabled in the Profile Management panel.

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My manage profiles looks different:LR Profile 03.jpg

Not the same options.  Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your screen capture appears to indicate that you do not have a RAW camera file chosen.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Gary Chisolm wrote:

So here we are in the Develop with the clients artwork opened,  I have cliked on the profile, color and this is what I get in the drop down menu.  Not much of a choice but to browse.

The clients 'artwork' is raw from what camera and the profiles you've shown are from what camera? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines