Watermark cutoff at top on export since last update Lightroom Classic Build #202206021307-2f136917

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since upgrading to the latest version of Lightroom Classic, the watermark is cut off at the top (specifically, the copyright symbol).  It looks fine on the preview before the export, but cuts off on the actual image.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since last update am having similar problem (LRC 11.4.1 on Win11) with signature clipped on right side. Works fine if I change to Arial or other default font, but not with the one I want (Windsong). Image attached. I remember this happening once before in an update several years ago. Anyone have a fix?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up rolling back to the previous version. I'm hoping they'll fix it with the next update. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I didn't want to have to do that, but it looks like the only alternative for now.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One alternative is to create a PNG file (with transparency) in Photoshop and your 'Signature' text.

Then use this PNG file as a "Graphic" watermark in LrC. You have none of the problems that have long plagued the "text" watermark in LrC.

The advantage of a text layer in Photoshop you can use all 'Blending Options' to add some fanciful adjustments for - Stroke, Shadows, etc.

Example- Text in Photoshop:

2022-07-07 09_22_33-Untitled-1 @ 66.7% (Signature, RGB_16) _.jpg

A Graphic watermark on an image:

2022-07-07 09_15_08-Lightroom Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 11.4.1 Photoshop 23.4.1, ACR 14.4.2, Lightroom 5.3, Lr-iOS 7.0.2, Bridge 12.0.2, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, Rob.  I was trying to figure out how to do that the other day.  I'm just learning Photoshop, although I've used Elements for years and I couldn't figure out the transparency.  I found a video on YouTube and got it done successfully!  Now I can update Lightroom.  I'm grateful for the help!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Rob. I have created PNGs in the past, but have specific reasons to use font based watermarks. Good idea, though, in any other circumstance.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"but have specific reasons to use font based watermarks."

Could you be more specific?

In Photoshop you can use ANY installed font in your system to create the 'text' in a PNG Graphic.

Lightroom-Classic has (especially in the past) had trouble using all fonts as 'Text' in the watermark editor.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 11.4.1 Photoshop 23.4.1, ACR 14.4.2, Lightroom 5.3, Lr-iOS 7.0.2, Bridge 12.0.2, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines