Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Watermarks to Adobe Portfolio

Explorer ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I seem to be having difficulty here. My question lies at the intersection between Lightroom CC and Adobe Portfolio.

I am using Adobe Portfolio for the first time to replace a website I had on Sqaurespace. I like the feature of LR that allows me to manage albums in LR and have automatically uploaded to website with optimal settings. The collections are great like that.

Is there any way to get the images from collections to upload to Portfolio with a watermark attached?

Thanks

Idea No status Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
14 Comments
Enthusiast ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As far as I know, it's unfortunately impossible to add a watermark automatically on Adobe Portfolio when adding pictures form a Lr collection.

I've seen many people asking for that feature, which I would welcome too.

Unless it has changed recently and I missed it, for now it seems there is no choice but to export with watermarks and use those to upload to Portfolio.

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

That kind of sounds like it defeats the purpose of using a collection to add photos to the web page. It is supposed to be simpler.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe this still isn't an option. It's crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree! We need this option!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please implement watermarking.

-Oryk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watermarks must be flattened into a single layer.  I use Phothoshop to add watermarks & optimize images for the web before uploading to Portfolio.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I support this! We need that for the adobe portfolio included in Lightroom plan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Manolo5E82, @ryanlucenkiw, @Oryk HAIST, @vurgano, @Zachary242663960uq7,

#1 Adobe Portfolio is a separate development team from Lightroom.  If you want to bend Portfolio's ear, submit your idea to the Portfolio team directly.  If it's viable and enough people ask for it, they may add watermarking to the platform.

Contact Portfolio Support - https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168

#2 Watermarks don't protect your copyright.  They are easily removed with a variety of tools.   If you're serious about protecting digital property,  use digital watermarks (aka barcodes) which are encoded into the image file & invisible to humans.   Barcoding won't prevent theft but it will give you an idea of who is doing it and where the image is being exploited.

For added convenience, there is a barcode plugin freely available for Photoshop below.  Digimarc service fees are extra.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/digimarc-copyright-protection.html

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also support the inclusion of a watermark option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way, which I am sure you are aware of, is to export a photo from Lightroom with the watermark added.  Then, rather than linking Portfolio with Lightroom, link it to a separate file with watermarked photos.  I know this is an extra step and should not have to be done.  I am an artist and keep two separate albums on Lightroom for each genre of paintings.   The ones that I have done over the years and the ones that I have published on my website.  It would be great to be able to add watermarks in Lightroom to the images in an album rather than the original, but that may be asking too much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless watermarks are digitally embedded into the actual image file (barcoding), they are useless and easily defeated with free software.  I suppose something is better than nothing but it does little to protect you or your digital assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose another thought is to never publish anything over 72dpi on your webpage or in Facebook or Social Media.  I have not tried that.  Lightroom doesn't allow you to choose the dpi, just an image quality percentage.  I will give this a try to see whether the image is as readable on the webpage.  Again...the problem is that you have to save it out to a separate file, then import into Adobe Portfolio.  Not as seamless as it is not.  Something should be done about this by Adobe if they are to tout the interrelationship between the programs.  Just my 2 cents worth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Portfolio has a support team separate from Creative Cloud.  Submit feedback requests directly to them.

More Portfolio links:
- FAQ & Knowledgebase - https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/
- Contact Portfolio Support - https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not actually about copyright, it's about subtle advertising.

Votes

Translate

Translate