Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

weird noise effect in the library tab

Participant ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For test purposes i shot some photos with the EOS5DMK4 on ISO 20k  and ISO 32k

After import in LR catalogue they look fine. When i zoom in i have to wait for the whole photo to be rendered.

Then the weirdness starts. The Noise looks different in every zoomphase and gets worse the smaller the percentage drops under 100%. The following screenshot is at 12,4%:

problem1.JPG

When i switch to develeop tab everything turns normal. Following screenshot als at 12,4%

problem2.JPG

When i switch back to Library the Noise appears again.

Anybody some idea how to avoid this?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide a screenshot of your Detail panel settings. Are you applying Grain in the Effects panel? There is a known issue with the Grain control that produces the same difference in rendering between the Library and Develop modules.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-10-2-grain-effects-render-incorrectly-in-dev...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it seems that lightroom is automatically applying the following Detail settings when i import:

problem3.JPG

in the Effects tab everything is set to zero.

adding profile correction does not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Library Module, if you select Library->Build 1:1 Previews, I suspect the problem goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i tried and found the next problem

when i try to build a 1:1 preview for one photo i get the prompt: "no 1:1 previews have been built"

maybe, because its already activated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines