• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What Determines The Size Of My Pre-Previews?

Contributor ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question is specifically about the previews that come up on the IMPORT window before the images are imported into LR. What determines the size and resolution of these pre-import previews? Sometimes they are  high resolution and when I double click on them I see a very detailed preview. Other times when I double click on them I get an extremely low resolution preview.

Why is it that sometimes I get high res and other times low res? Again, just to be clear, I'm talking about the previews before the NEF images are imported. And for anyone planning to tell me that I don't need high-res pre-preview images, yes I do. 

Thanks

This is the screen I'm talking about. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 7.47.39 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TBMK- If you are in the Import Grid view it uses a very small preview that is extracted from the camera file. If you increase the Zoom slider you just enlarge this small preview. If you use Loupe View then LrC may use a larger JPG that the camera embedded in the file.

If all that makes sense!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terrific information, thanks. The only thing I can't figure out is how to enter the Loupe view before the photos are ingested into LR. Is there a key command that enables Loupe view before the images are imported? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Double-click on a thumbnail in 'Import' window to switch from Grid to Loupe view, then use the right arrow keys to loupe through the photos. There is also a fairly crude Zoom tool on bottom right corner of loupe content area (see below screenshot).

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines