• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened to whites, texture, shadows in DEVELOP mode in LRC 11.2?

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DHBCreative_0-1647093753368.png

What happened to whites, texture, shadows in DEVELOP mode in LRC 11.2?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing's happened to them. What makes you think that something has?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DHBCreative_0-1647098703471.png

This is my DEVELOP module in LRC 11.2  The previous screen shot was from a Youtube tutorial that I was watching on printing on Canson paper and the youtube host's DEVELOP setting were different then mine. I am missing some of his adjustment tools like texture and whites. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This screen capture is for a photo that uses a very old Process Version. Change the Process Version to the current in the Develop module, using the menu command Settings->Process Version->Version 5 (Current).

CAUTION: this could change the appearance of the photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It worked. 

It seemed like I had to do a version 5 re set on another photo that I loaded into the DEVELOP module.

Do I have to do this for each photo that I want to develop or can I now make this a global setting?

Can I change back and forth to different versions? Not sure I'd want to do that but I don't want to loose DEVELOP settings on photos that I processed a couple of years ago. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest Process Version (currently version 5) is the default for all new imports. However, whenever a new process version is introduced, existing images in the catalog which were developed using an older process version are NOT automatically updated. You can determine how many images in your catalog have been developed using an older process version by using the Library menu option "Find Previous Process Photos". That will create a special collection in the Catalog panel containing all such previous process version photos. 

You can update the process version for a single image or all filmstrip photos by various means. Perhaps the most helpful would be by clicking on the lightning icon which appears at the bottom of the histogram in the develop module as that allows a "before and after" view for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As another idea, when defining or updating a user Develop preset. you can opt to include an update of Process Version in the actions applied by this preset.

There is also the opportunity to have this preset supply your preferred default initial values, for the various new / different forms of adjustment that will arrive on the image when that happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to the "Find Previous Process Photo", you can select all of them and update them all to the current process version at once, same as you would apply any other edit to a group of photos. As I said earlier: CAUTION: this can cause the appearance of the photos to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom honors images that were last edited with older process versions. Sometimes a user may want to leave an image as it is and not have it "automatically" updated to the current process version. YOU are in control of what needs to be done.

One thing to consider, however, when the image is not using the current process if you look in the bottom right corner of the histogram there will be a little lightning bolt. If you click on that lightning bolt you can quickly change to the current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines