• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is equivalent of program files in macOS?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I wanted to customise web gallery .css file (I successfully did it on Windows, worked perfectly - I used it to preview collections with Instagram feed layout) but I cannot find galleries' files on macOS.

I am looking for such path equivalent:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\Shared\webengines\LR-Gallery-Track.lrwebengine\assets\css\main.css

It's not in Applications folder, nor in Application Support files in Library. I have no idea where else to find it.

I would really appreciate any help - I have spent literally hours searching through files, with no luck.

Cheers

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

I've atatched two screesnhots showing the path to LR-Gallery-Track.lrwebengine and file you're looking for.

Untitled-2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click on the Lightroom Classic application and choose 'Show Package Contents'. That opens the application as a folder. What you are looking for is probably in there, but I did not check that.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've atatched two screesnhots showing the path to LR-Gallery-Track.lrwebengine and file you're looking for.

Untitled-2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, Thank you so much!!! 

I would never find it by myself, you are my hero!

If anyone would be interested in modyfing their web gallery so it looks like Instagram feed, I attach modified main.css file - you just have to paste it (and replace it) in Lr-Gallery-Boxes.lrwebengine>assets>css

I am using Lr-Gallery-Boxes.lrwebengine as a base

(sorry, I used different gallery name in my initial question)

❤️

You can apply it to any collection to preview your feed.

After you change background to white the result looks like this:

Malgorzata5FC9_0-1642180315140.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that any file you embed within the application package (macOS) or C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\Shared\webengines\LR-Gallery-Track.lrwebengine\assets\css\main.css on Windows will be overwritten next time you update the application. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, I suspected that 😄

I will save the folder location to favourites and I will have to replace it everytime it updates.

If someone would know how to create the template in user files (there is a place for custom web galleries - I managed to create one, but it was loading and loading - gallery for some reason didn't worked properly) - I would be happy to hear how to do it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I found it and did it! !

Malgorzata5FC9_0-1642183987712.png

Ok, so I attach link to the final file (I cannot attach .zip here), you just have to drop to 

Malgorzata5FC9_2-1642184086335.png

an be happy with your Instagram Feed preview 😄🥳

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NQh5dkA3HUi7apzi8oDr5tKvo548eXUy?usp=sharing

Here is the tutorial I was using to create custom gallery (using my CSS file) 

http://lightroomsolutions.com/how-can-i-customise-a-built-in-web-gallery/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines