• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the workflow and philosophy of the Mobile Uploads ?

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Year 2022 we make more pictures with our mobile phone but all end in ONE folder only.

See blow SONY XQ-CT54 --> 88 Pictures or is it 91 ?. No folder structure of exposure date, just one folder telling me its “Imported” but its not.

Tiage240571_0-1657023243384.jpeg

The pictures are NOT in the library but on another drive / folder called Mobile Downloads.irdata reflecting what is on Lightroom cloud. So what is the deal ? what is downloaded what is imported and eventually how do I sync while knowing what to do ?

Tiage240571_1-1657023243416.png

On Mobile device itself I can only see Lightroom cloud content [All Pictures] and Mobile Uploads [Handybilder] whereas the Numbers of pictures is NOT equal. As I might have deleted some. Its an ALBUM in lightroom cloud!

So the idea was to import the pictures into my library but unfortunately this folder is not seen by CC.

Tiage240571_2-1657023243420.jpeg

Next Idea was to export as Catalog but this is not working as nothing happens when I press Export.

Tiage240571_3-1657023243426.jpeg

Actually I do not know what to do now . I sold my Z6 and intent to work with mobile phone but Lightroom does not support . What am I doing wrong ? Handybilder, Imported from Mobil Devise, cloud and CC won't make sence to me.

Tiage240571_4-1657023243515.png

Regards Timo

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All synchronised photos of your catalog are referenced in a special collection called "All Synced Photographs" in the Catalog tab of the Library, whatever there physical location in your computer is. This is collection, not a physical location. To see the physical location, use the rigt click on a photo.

Lauca_1-1657033890429.png

When synconized, photo from the cloud are downloaded to the folder defined in the "Lightroom sync" tab of the prefrences and appear in the special collection "All Synced Photographs". From there, you can move them to any folder location of your choice (and they will still appear in the "All Synced Photographs" collection, of course).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lauca, 

actually this seems not the issue. the all synced fotos point to the wrong folder anyway..  this folder does not exist anymore. it s a new Catalog and new imported folder . still the all synced fotos point to the OLD folder.   If I try searching for any picture I will get a dialog of the mobil Downloads lrdata which is not with me to decide where it is. 

Anyhow this is another BUG really. Please let me know any sort of description on HOw to include my mobile data in my catalog with structured folders? I can not import the mobile data and it is not structured acc my catalog. How shall I work with this ? Do you have a map ? Which folder in CC refers to which folder in Lightroom Cloud ? there is no single number of files matching. I am completly lost and confused. Regards Timo  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lauca, possibly I can get the structure I ask for, but its not propperly syncing . Lightroom sill tells me about just 1647 fotos .. I need to delete, I deleted all albums see pictures . now there is none in the SONY xq ct54 folder. and no synced folder anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lauca, also there are many collections telling me "FROM LIGHTROOM" even I deleted all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched language but smart folders / collections are still German. Sorry to bother you this way but I thought after 3 Years with old catalog its time to make a new one and now everything is confusing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  Timo. I don't quite understand what your problem is.

I think that the folder you refer as "mobil Downloads lrdata" is the same as the folder labelled <Catalog name> Sync.lrdata on my computer. This folder contains internal informations for LrC about the synchronisation (if the last synchronisation is finished, etc.). This not where the synchronized photos are downloaded. As I said, the synchronized photos are downloaded in the folder define in the Sync tab of the Preferences. You don't have access to this folder in the Library. Instead you must manage your synchronized photos from the "All Synced Photographs" collection. This collection lists all photos in your catalog that are also in the cloud (synchronized).

BTW, the cloud storage doesn't have a folder structure to store photos, they are all stored in the same place. The organisation is done by album only. As a consequence, when you synchronize, all photos are downloaded by LrC in the same unique folder. It cannot be otherwise !

Therefore it's your responsabilty to then, in the library module, move the photos in the folder hierachy of your choice by moving them from the "All Synced Photographs" collection.

Note that moving them from the "All Synced Photographs" collection to a folder of your choice, doesn't remove them from the cloud. To remove the photos from the cloud you must explicitly remove them from the collection.

If you have move the photos to a folder of your choice in your computer and then remove the photos from the "All Synced Photographs" collection, the photos will be removed from the cloud only. It will still be there in the folder where you moved them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"mobil Downloads lrdata" is the same as the folder labelled <Catalog name> Sync.lrdata ... Sorry Lauca this is not true. Mobile downloads lrdata exists beside the Library folder and is the folder you dedicate to automatically upload from my mobile phone..   I do not know if you really get my point of what I am trying to do, what my problem is. Please also get things straight while using words like "move" in your describtion. my intention with the 121419 fotos in my lybrary is NOT to manually move anything. I expect lightroom and lightroom CC including my mobil phone to get things in the right order as soon as I told them how. I do not what redundancy, I require structure and I need to understand the workflow behind this all.   So lets please start again....

my collections: 

In CC these are listed and defined as to be synced with cloud, OK

synced files are indicated in the "all synced Photograps" this is not a collection like you call it. its just a indicator under the folder header. please dont call it collection ? 

Now... you tell me I can "MOVE" fotos from this "all synced photographs" to another place ? I do NOT want to do this. as this indicator reflects the dedicated collections i sync with cloud I do not NEED to move them. I do not know how to MOVE them.  I want to import and sync only, if you say this MOVE is required please tell me how.

What I really want to know and need to do is to propperly get a workflow in combination with my MOBILE devise ! and this is what is confusing. I now adjusted in CC the synced folder and told CC to put the files its syncing in a certain folder including dayly structure. Temp2...  I did NOT dedicate a folder to automatically upload fotos from my mobile device. Anyhow the one pictrue i did yesterday appears in this windows folder...   OK, Perfect. 

Now, I GUESS the mobile.downlaod.lrdata is not used anymore ? true (Hope you 'll do not mix again with ... synced.irdata)  see pictures please and check with your collegues if you do not know this folder.

As i told CC now all data will be managed with the [catalog name ].synced.lrata --> TRUE ? 

I will not and I do not know how to "move" from all synced to anywhere .. actually this makes no sence. so please do not go any further in this explaination. However the subject of deletion in a true collection and the corresponding synced fotos on the cloud is an important issue (Bug)

Please will you again tell me what is the workflow i need to follow to have fotos in cloud always synced with the true collection I dedicate to be synced .    As you see in the 1st picture I do have some true collections even if I did not make them in this new catalog . Can you tell me where this collections come from ? I talk about collection with name 2022 Sonjafürheike or FinnPapa or Mallorca...  not the ones "AUS LIGHTROOM" as I removed them anyway. But these others I did NOT physically create in this catalog. is it possible they got imported whilst I imported another catalog ?   Then the final question is : what is the workflow or why is CC + lightroom not properly in "SYNC" with each other.  I in this new catalog only told CC to sync certain folders only, I deleted all albums on the cloud .. then  cloud should show only the synced fotos .. TRUE ? my mobile devise will get now syned to temp2 --> True ? 

Hope this is much clearer , Best Regards 

Timo 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Timo,

I need to better understand your configuration, so lets clarify some points:

1. There is no Lightroom CC. Name have been changed years ago. I guess you meam Lightroom (Lr) , correct? (Granted, Adobe did a good job with sotware names to make things very confusing...)

2. You are using Lightroom Classic (LrC) AND Lightroom (Lr) AND Lightroom Mobile (on your phone), right?

3. Are Lightroom Classic (LrC) and Lightroom (Lr) running on the same computer or on 2 different machines?

4. Are both LrC and Lr running on a Windows OS or is one of them running on MacOS ?

Some remarks:

"In CC these are listed and defined as to be synced with cloud, OK"

No, it's not ok. As I said, there is no CC, so I guess your mean Lightroom (Lr). If it's the case, then you must understand that Lr use the Cloud as storage (although it can have a copy locally if you ask it to, but the originals are in the cloud). It works with the cloud.

On the other hand, LrC DOESN'T work with the Cloud. It works with file stored locally only. Tht's why it has a synchronasation feature. This sync will import (copy) the files in the cloud locally in a specific location defined in the preferences and mark the files as "Synchronized" (this is done by referencing the files ine the "All Synced Photographs" collection - yes, it IS a collection, not a storage -)". If you remove the files from this collection, this marks the files as not synchronized, AND they will be removed from the Cloud.

So could you explain exactly, step by step, what you are doing, in which software ? It will help me to understand what your problem is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lauca, 

1. yes ok 

2. yes 2x phones 

3. same PC LRc and LR

4. Windows

if I say CC i mean LRC sorry. 

LRC tells me information of the cloud . It says collections FROM LIGHTROOM and these are  actually different . 

LR on PC is listing different numbers like LR on the phones. additionally the automatic upload is not working properly as the fotos are not showing up . 

2 phones 3 Screenshots each, and 2 screenshots of the PC LRC sync adjustments after telling LRC to sync to lightr24 folder and separeate by date.

Best regards Timo 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this all number of pictures of ALL SYNCED FOTOS is not correct .. Sum of the folders / Collections to be synced is different

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Year 2022 we make more pictures with our mobile phone but all end in ONE folder only.

See blow SONY XQ-CT54 à 91 Pictures. No folder structure of exposure date, just one folder telling me its “Imported” but its not.

The pictures are NOT in the library but on another drive / folder called Mobile Downloads.irdata reflecting what is on Lightroom cloud. So what is the deal ? what is downloaded what is imported and eventually how do I sync while knowing what to do ?

On Mobile device itself I can only see Lightroom cloud content [All Pictures] and Mobile Uploads [Handybilder] whereas the Numbers of pictures is NOT equal. As I might have deleted some. Its an ALBUM in lightroom cloud!

So the idea was to import the pictures into my library but unfortunately this folder is not seen by CC.

Next Idea was to export as Catalog but this is not working as nothing happens when I press Export.

Actually I do not know what to do now . I sold my Z6 and intent to work with mobile phone but Lightroom does not support . What am I doing wrong ?

[merged from duplicate post - Mod.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set a download location and folder structure in the sync settings:

• In Lightroom Classic, click on the little cloud icon, top right
  • From the pop-up menu, click on the gear icon to open the preferences dialog with Lightroom's sync settings
  • In the "Location" settings of the Lightroom Sync preferences, you can choose a specific download location and folder structure

Furthermore, any albums created in Lightroom Cloud will appear as a collection in Lightroom Classic, under the "From Lightroom" collection set.

Hope to help
Alexander.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexander, thank you. Yes i figured this out also by myself last post.. still i have some issued with the wording and Definition. These are Independent issues...

1. The folder i define to sync Fotos with mobile: would it be allowed to use same as lybrary folder? Fotos get sorted right at the beginning to the right Spot?

2. I only sync folders to Cloud . I dont create folders in Cloud.. i need to rate and mark Fotos on my mobile and want this information to be synced..

3 in CC it does schow more collections as i told CC to create.. collections from my old catalog..

Is this Happening due to the Import from other catalog function or is the information to be part of a catalog stored in the Fotos metadata?

Maybe i need to do several posts now 😁

Please Check the attached Pictures

Of the earlier post.they provide more decent information as my description..

Regards Timo 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Timo,

Let's see.

1. Yes, you can set the destination for photos synced from Lightroom Cloud to your normal folder structure. (I still prefer to have them in a separate folder first for some keywording, but that's just my preference)
  2. Ratings and the Pick/Reject flag will by synced from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic. What will NOT be synced are the keywords (Lightroom Cloud uses a different keyword structure)
  3. I'm not sure I understand this, sorry 😅 - are you German? Write it again in German. Ich spreche Deutsch. 😉

Viele Grüße
Alex.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex, Ja ok Deutsch ... siehe bilder : 

1. Album 2018 etc.. ist nicht vollständing in sync.

2. habe den Sync order auf bibliotheks ordner gestellt . Bild zeigt noch den Temp 2 Ordner. 

aber thema ist das 2te Handy mit mehr bildern im zu syncronissierenden (automatisch upload) ordner als wirklich dort sind. also das sind keine Doppelten Bilder sondern je 3 Bilder von 2 Handys

Hast ne idee warum 1. und unabhängig 2. so ist wie es dargestellt wird ?  

Beste Grüße Timo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nun wollte LRC die Bilder verschieben und nun sind se weg ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anhand Deiner Screenshots etc. ist es ein bisschen schwer, nachzuvollziehen was genau passiert.

In Lightroom Classic im Bibliotheksmodul hast Du links oben unterhalb des Navigators ein Panel "Katalog" und dort gibt es eine "Sammlung" mit allen synchronisierten Photos. Von da aus kannst Du dann mittels Rechtsklick herausfinden ("In der Bibliothek zeigen", oderso -- sorry, ich kenne die deutschen Bildschirmtexte von Lightroom Classic nicht gut), wo das Bild lokal in Lightroom Classic gespeichert ist.

Bitte schau auch, wie schon erwähnt, in die Sammlungen (unterhalb der Orderliste), dort solltest Du einen Sammlungsorder "Von Lightroom" (oderso) finden der alle Deinen synchronisierten Alben in Lightroom Cloud enthält.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Die Zahl der Bilder stimmt nicht mit den zu syncronisierenden Sammlungen überein

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines