• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is this file “ mobile Downloads.lrdata “ for

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this file named “ mobile Downloads.lrdata"  i don't know what is for and it take alot of space .. will my Lightroom photos and edit will be lost if i delete it ? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

It's the storage location of all the photos that are downloaded from the cloud to Lightroom Classic, i.e. the photos you shot with your phone. It shows in the Lightroom Classic folder panel as a separate device; like a separate hard disk. You can change this in the Lightroom Classic preferences, but that will only change the location of new photos. If you want to move your existing phone photos to another location, then you have to do this with drag and drop, just like any other photo you want t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I am aware it's as the name says information relating to you synced files for your mobile devices that are syncing to you Adobe Creative Cloud account. Maybe it includes preview files and the like.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, of course not. Not sure exactly of the function of this file. Adobe provides no clue. Just know that when you delete it, you have also to switch off the sync. If you don’t, this file will be created again burning a lot of bandwidth.

Best Regards
Éric Pecquerie
Sent from Eric's IPad Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you mean i should stop the sync between lr classic and mobile ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the storage location of all the photos that are downloaded from the cloud to Lightroom Classic, i.e. the photos you shot with your phone. It shows in the Lightroom Classic folder panel as a separate device; like a separate hard disk. You can change this in the Lightroom Classic preferences, but that will only change the location of new photos. If you want to move your existing phone photos to another location, then you have to do this with drag and drop, just like any other photo you want to move to another location. Don't just delete it, because then you will delete the originals! After you moved the photos and changed the location, then you can delete it. It does not contain edits (they are in the catalog) or previews (they are with all the other previews).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines