• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What was fixed in Lightroom Classic 11.0.1?

Enthusiast ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Does anybody know what exactly was fixed in LrC 11.0.1?

Please share!

The only information I can find is "contains several bug fixes", which is not very helpful.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021
  • Catalog upgrade fails with certain catalogs
  • LrC gets stuck/hung upon exit on macOS
  • LrC 11.0 crashes on Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Catalog upgrade fails with certain catalogs
  • LrC gets stuck/hung upon exit on macOS
  • LrC 11.0 crashes on Windows

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"LrC 11.0 crashes on Windows"

Do you have more details about the kinds of crashes that were fixed?  The ones with writing XMP files, or ones with other symptoms or causes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't install v11. I did and I've gone back to v10. 

Why? The main change is that it now has masks. Well actually it alwys did. You clicked on the brush and darkened or lightened a bit of your image. LR was masking but it didn't tell you so. Now you have to click on a mask button first and tell it you want a new mask, and then you do what you did before.  This is an improvement?????

Yes they give you some new masking options eg find subject. But you can do all that as well in Photoshop. LR is supposed to be the user-friendlier version of PhotoShop, but v11 isn't.

They also changed lots of things eg the metadata listing, what shows above each image in the grid view, etc etc etc. Which means you have to spend some hours figuring out where the stuff you used to rely on has gone.

Btw when you open v11 it updates your latest catalog. When you go back to v10 it tells you that catalog has been updated and can't be opened in v10. At that point the chat-line helper was stumped. Fortunately the old catalog was still there and I found it.

This update needed a full beta test and didn't get it.  I've gone back to v10 and will stay there till they get v12 which hopefully will go back to the LR I was used to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines