• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When exporting JPGs LR freezes when changing image size

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have up-to-date LR Classic running on a 2021 MBP 16" M1 Max with 32GB RAM.

Every time I export a JPG through the export dialogue and try to change the image size (specifically, the height dimension), LR freezes and must be force closed. I called support and they spent altogether around 2 hours with control of my computer trying to fix the problem. Eventually, after changing permissions, it started allowing me to change image sizes again. But 2 days later, the problem has returned. It seriously affects my workflow having the app crash every time I try to export and having to resort to resizing in Photoshop. I've reinstalled many times, made sure I'm not running in Rosetta, cleared the cache, reset preferences, changed from  Use Graphics Processor Auto to Off. Nothing helps. 

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 12.12.14 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the photo crop, prior to the export at the same ratio as the desired size? The filmstrip preview makes me think not.

2500  x 6000, or 25x60, or 5x12?

May be a bug, but many have issues exporting when specifying both Width and Height, as opposed to Longest Edge.  Cropping to desired ratio might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, they don't need to be. Typically I will set the export to 2,000px x 2,000px or something and it will resize so the long edge is that dimension. I will try doing longest edge instead. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the long edge only also crashes LRC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. Do you happen to have On1 perhaps? The Resize module works great for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the screen shot it appears you have selected a batch of images that include landscape and portrait with both width and height selected. That will not happen and that is why the app failed to complete the function. Try using a set long side.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using LR for a very long time and I have always exported with both length and width. This is definitely not the problem. I've tried using long side only and it also crashes LR. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you make no changes to size?

Something is very very wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It exports if I make no changes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem, LR CC freezes as soon as I click the Export button, regardless of whether I resize an image or not. I've turned off the GPU; reset the Export preferences, uninstalled and reinstalled LR CC, etc. However, if I right-click on an image and click Export, which opens a sub-menu, if I click on anything in the sub-menu other than Export, for example, Burn Full-size JPEGS, Export to DNG, etc. it works fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Did you find a solution? I have exactly the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it! Need to reset preferences, that is:

macOS: Press and hold the Shift + Option keys. Windows: Press and hold the Shift + Alt keys. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines