• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I re-set an Adobe Portfolio page from a Lightroom album, the photos sequence is not maintained

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I've built a fairly extensive travel photography website using Adobe Portfolio linked to collections I've built in Lightroom. In general it works really well, but one small problem is when I decide to add or change some photos - if I use the 'Re-set from Lightroom' in Adobe Portfolio, the photo sequence doesn't match the Lightroom collection. I have to then use 'Manage Images' in the photo grid of Adobe Portfolio to manually get them back to the right sequence, but that's a bit annoying. Even if I delete the web page, update the website and then re-create the page from the Lightroom album, the same problem remains. Any ideas?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you organizing photos in your LR Album by filename  -- i.e. 001.jpg, 002.jpg, 003.jpg? 

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036264774-Re-importing-Lightroom-albums

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, I generally organise my photos in the LR album by capture time, although occasionally in a custom order. Regards, Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did Nancy reply with an answer now that she got the additional information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Uwe Manuel,

This topic is 9 months old.

Portfolio honors Albums with Custom Order applied but not sort or view by date, last edited, etc...

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/articles/360036768213-Troubleshooting-Lightroom-albums-in-Adobe-Port...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can be a little bit complicated to understand how display ordering works across the Lightroom ecosystem (which in this context can include Lightroom, Lightroom Mobile, Lightroom Web, Lightroom Classic and Portfolio).

So to understand, consider an album which was created in Lightroom and has been synced to LrClassic. Because it exists in the cloud, it also can be seen on the LrWeb and LrM apps. In each of those apps, there are various sort orders which allow the user to view the images in the album in different ways, such as capture time, file-name, etc., and in each app a different sort order can be used, i.e. viewing the album in different ways in different apps at the same time. There is also a "Custom Order" option, which allows the user to manually rearrange the viewing order as required (but we can still switch the display back and forth between the various other sort orders). There are a couple of things to understand about Custom Order:

1. There is only one Custom Order per album, which syncs across the entire ecosystem....meaning that if the user sets a Custom Order in one app, that order becomes the Custom Order that would be seen in all the other apps.

2. If no Custom Order has yet been set anywhere in the ecosystem, selecting the Custom Order display option will show the album in Capture time.

3. If new images are added to the album, they would be slotted into the correct position when using a display order other than Custom Order, but when selecting Custom Order the newly added images will appear at the end of the grid if a Custom Order has previously been set anywhere in the system.

4. Most importantly, the order in which the album is displayed if an album is shared is always the current Custom Order. That same principle holds true for albums posted to Portfolio, both on initial sharing and subsequent use of the "Reset from Lightroom" option. That "Reset from Lightroom" option will also reset any existing manual changes made in Portfolio using the "Manage Images" option.

So, when adding new images in Lightroom to an existing Portfolio album, and before using the "Reset from Lightroom" option, it's a good idea to view the album using the Custom Order display mode in any app (I prefer to use the Display tab when viewing the album in the LrWeb app), in order to verify that the order is as you want it, making any changes as needed before updating Portfolio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines