Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

when in filter bar and tab metadata not all filters available

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom clasic v11.3.1

Under metadata tab on filter bar I only see one camera and and one lens and thy oly show two photos.  In the folder I am working there are two cameras and at least two lenes.  plus a totol of 141 photos of wich at least two thirds should be shown for the one camera that is availabel.  I have re-insatlled Lightroom Clasic to no avail.  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select an item to filter on in the left-most column, then the next columns only show the items and numbers of the photos that have been select in the left-most column.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See below screenshot that demonstrates dj-paige's post.

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand what you are showing, but that is not the issue.  All columns are set to ALL and I only get one camera and only two photos for that camera when there are 100+ photos for that camera.  If I go to different folder it still shows the one camera.

Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen shot of the filters

craigr12288421_0-1654460742832.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does it show if you select All Photographs under catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any filters set in the filter bar?

Screen Shot 2022-06-05 at 3.46.00 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Selecting all photos in folder it does the same thing and it only picks in the folder if I select any of the metadata filters.  I did an experiment and created a new catalog wiht this folder, all the fliters worked as expected. But I loose all my devolpment chnages.  Not sure haow to move the development history to new catalog.

Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We should be able to get your catalog straightened out without the need for creating a new one.  As a next step, please post a full-resolution screenshot of the entire LR window, showing the same filter selection as in your previous screenshot.  That could give additional clues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-06-05 195844.jpg

 Is this what you are looking for?

Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to show ALL the filter bars as I show in this screen clip that I posted above.  Text, Attribute and Metadata.

BobSomrak_0-1654482408831.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-06-05 215609.jpg

I guess I missunderstood what you asked.

Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

Looking at all the screenshots, including the full-window screenshot, it's clear that LR is misbehaving:

johnrellis_1-1654490390624.png

johnrellis_2-1654490450892.png

The number of photos shown in the All row should always be the sum of the value rows below it.  But in Camera column, for example, it says "All (1 Camera) 141", while the row below says "Canon EOS R 2".  

Try these two troubleshooting steps:

1. Click the drop-down menu on the right end of the Library Filter bar (where is says No Filter), and select Restore Default Presets at the very bottom.

2. Then if the Metadata browser still shows All rows whose total doesn't match the rows beneath, change the first column to something else, e.g. from Date to File Type, and delete columns 2 - 4 (click the tiny hamburger menu in the upper-right corner of the column and do Remove This Column).

3. If the Metadata browser is still showing screwy columns, then try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is working now.  Not sure what happened but the file that it found in the one directory was pointing to the '

Eos R it was a .psd file.  I did some additional editing on the file and now all my filter information is there. 

Strange not sure what the issues was.  I also canceled protection through the Acronis True Imager backup program.  I have a good antivirus software so did not need it.  The Acronis protection kept getting an error message that effected Adobe, after searching the issue it was noted that a lot if users were having a problem.

My guess is that the cancelling of the portion service had something to do with the fix.

Thank you to all for responses.

Craig

Screenshot 2022-06-06 155641.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it's working again. Though it's possible, I doubt that Acronis was causing this issue; LR sometimes gets into flaky states of mind, and the flakiness sometimes goes away on its own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines