• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When switching to B&W the picture is not entirely B&W

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I switch to monochrome in Lightroom Classic, by chosing the black and and white option and then profile: Adobe Monochrom, the pictures still have a touch of color? I first thought it was something with the screen on my Mac, but when I export the pictures they have different touches of color. How to get real B&W already in Lightroom? Is this a bug or should I change something to see B&W?

Thanks / Hans, Sweden

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sources of Color from an image converted to BW can come from:

• Tints applied via Local Adjustment Tools
  • Color Grading

You will need to check brushes/gradients for a color swatch being applied

And/Or check the Color Grading Panel.

Toggling the on/off switch for either can reveal where the color lies. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Rikk.

I now reinstalled Lightroom and when I do exactly the same adjustments on a virtual copy of the picture with the color tint, the tint does not appear on the copy. The original picture in Lightroom has still got the tint, even if I switch to Color and then back. I don't know what was the problem. No Color Grading or adjustment that could affect the color of the B&W picture have been made on the original or the virtual copy. So now it seem to work.

/Hans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also get colour on B&W photos if one of the R, G or B curves have changes. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, that might be the reason. Strange that I haven't seen it before. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines