• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are virtual copies of photos?

Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to 11.4.1.     In the past, when I created a virtual copy of a photo, the virtual copies appeared alongside the original thumbnail image in the grid and the filmstrip.   Now, I see a number in the upper left hand of a single thumbnail --- but cannot see all of the virtual images -- no way for me to access them.   I'm guessing there is a setting somewhere that I am missing? 

Help please -- my client wants landscape and portrait modes of the photos that I took today.

Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

"Now, I see a number in the upper left hand of a single thumbnail --- but cannot see all of the virtual images -- no way for me to access them. "

You likely have a filter enabled that isn't matching the virtual copies. Do the menu command Library > Enable Filters and make sure it is unchecked.

If that doesn't help, please post a full-resolution screenshot of the entire LR window.  That will make clear what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have "Auto Stack by Capture Time" turned on in the Menu: Library > Stacking.

The number in the upper left corner indicates - how many photos are in a stack.

Click on the number to expand the stack and view each photo separately. Click again to collapse the stack.

A [Right-Click] on the 'Number' will also give you a context menu for Stack Viewing. eg. Decide which photo you want to see on the 'top' of the stack.

2022-07-23 10_59_03-Lightroom Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg2022-07-23 10_59_18-Lightroom Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

2022-07-23 11_07_25-Lightroom Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Now, I see a number in the upper left hand of a single thumbnail --- but cannot see all of the virtual images -- no way for me to access them. "

You likely have a filter enabled that isn't matching the virtual copies. Do the menu command Library > Enable Filters and make sure it is unchecked.

If that doesn't help, please post a full-resolution screenshot of the entire LR window.  That will make clear what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John and Rob.     It is fixed; I did have menu command Library > Enable Filters checked.  No worries now.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm havingt the same issue, except I for sure do NOT have any filters enabled. Anyone have any idea how I fix this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Virtual copies may or may not appear in collections, depending on how they were created.  To definitively see if a photo has a virtual copy:

1. Right-click the photo and do Go To Folder In Library.

2. Right-click the photo and do Stacking > Expand All Stacks.

3. Make sure Library > Enable Filters is not checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines