Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Where can I find an installer for Lightroom 6.0?

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a recent catastrophic loss and had to replace my Mac. Adobe no longer supports the downloadable installation of LR6 and their customer service rep advised I check on the forums. My new computer does not have an optical drive, so I would need support online. 

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try this:

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-6-cc-direct-download-links.html

Now will the installed version activate? Not sure but I do believe the installer can be found above. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Catalina, Big Sur or Monterey, you cannot install LR 6 at all. You need earlier operating systems. 

You also must have a valid serial number or the download will stop working after 7 days.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear for the OP and others in this situation, one can end up running LR5 and LR6 off Catalina, Big Sur or Monterey, it is the install process that takes a little work. With a simple hack (its not even a hack); boot off an older OS, install either, now you can run, with some limitations, those products under Catalina, Big Sur or Monterey.

No, I don't recommend doing so, but it is doable. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this a M1 unit?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines