• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I find Lightroom 6 so I can download it to my new PC?

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Lr 6 since purchasing it in 2016. The computer it was installed on died and I need to install it on my new PC. Where can I find the software?

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may find it here, through the ProDesigns link- (Only if Adobe has not removed from its servers!)

6.14 download VERY IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the pointer. I have downloaded and installed Lr 6, however, it won't activate because it says I already have used that serial #. How do I deactivate Lightroom on my old computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GerryWeiler wrote:

Thanks for the pointer. I have downloaded and installed Lr 6, however, it won't activate because it says I already have used that serial #. How do I deactivate Lightroom on my old computer?

Yes, you must deactivate that other computer if you've exceeded the two activations per license.

You will have to contact Adobe directly to 'fix' too many activations if you can't do this yourself. 

To be clear, you can install on as many machines as you wish, but only two can be active at the same time, per serial. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your reply makes it seem like I can do this myself without involving Adobe (which hasn'g worked thus far). How can I deactivate an instance of Lr?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You cannot do it yourself without involving Adobe. And many support staff are now telling users that it cannot be done (as is the case with Creative Suites CS2,3,4 -they are totally 'Dead'!)

Begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen.

If the chat window fails to open, or is non-responsive, use a different device to start the interaction

You need to be signed in to the forum with your ID and PW, and be able to provide your LR6 Serial Number.

Then type "Agent" in the chat box to chat with a Human by-passing the AI!

Be sure to only ask to have your activations reset. Insist that you only want your Activations Reset, and you are not asking for "support".

There are other forum threads with the same topic. For example-

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom/how-deactivating-1-lightroom-6-0/m-p/11880813#M38141

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines