• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is my before picture!

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!  I recently purchased a surface pro 7 and installed Lightroom on it. I then imported some photos from my camera and started to develop them and am running into a frustrating issue. It cannot seem to find a before picture when I try to look at before and after. If I press / in develop I just get a blank grey nothing. Press it again I get my after photo. And if I press y to go to the side by side it shows my after photo but not my before. Why!!! 

E29F5A59-88CC-47E7-9B63-F709538752BE.jpeg

E6F00D1A-0D54-4CE6-9E66-51EF85ADD64D.jpeg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

First of all, try to disable the GPU. Edit > Preferences > Performance  > uncheck Use graphics processor.

If this fixes the issue, updating your graphics driver may let you work with the GPU enabled.

Another possibility is that you have a defective monitor profile.

As troubleshooting, and as a possible temporary fix, try setting the monitor profile to sRGB.

With Lightroom closed, press the Windows key + R, type colorcpl in the box and press Enter.

Add the sRGB profile, and set it as default.

I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, try to disable the GPU. Edit > Preferences > Performance  > uncheck Use graphics processor.

If this fixes the issue, updating your graphics driver may let you work with the GPU enabled.

Another possibility is that you have a defective monitor profile.

As troubleshooting, and as a possible temporary fix, try setting the monitor profile to sRGB.

With Lightroom closed, press the Windows key + R, type colorcpl in the box and press Enter.

Add the sRGB profile, and set it as default.

If this fixes the issue, it is recommended that you calibrate the monitor with a hardware calibrator, which will also create and install a custom monitor profile that accurately describes your monitor.

Depending on your monitor, and your requirements, sRGB may be close enough, but if you're concerned about color accuracy, use a calibrator.

color-management.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if I try both of these things and it still does not fix the issue on my surface pro 7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have- 1) Disabled the GPU Acceleration in LrC, and 2) Set the monitor profile to sRGB.

My next suggestion would be to update the Graphic Card Driver.

(Another forum post, for Surface Pro, suggested this -Intel® Driver & Support Assistant )

Surface Pro 7 Iris Plus Graphics Driver Update - Microsoft Community

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my reply to your other post:

A number of people have reported this in the last couple of years with Surface Pros.  It appears that the Pros ship with display color profiles that either don't conform to industry standards or are incompatible with LR.  You can quickly test that carefully following the steps in this article:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-corrupted/ 

If that doesn't help, disable the graphics processor and then update the graphics driver, following the steps described here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/light-room-before-and-after/5f5f462b4... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If setting the color display profile to sRGB, disabling the graphics processor, and updating the graphics driver directly from the manufacturer's web site don't help, please do the menu command Help > System Info and copy/paste the results here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

T

hank you. Changing to color profile fixed it however now when I look at my pictures to edit them I sometimes have blue pixels where black shadows are?!?  You suggested calibrating. How do I do that or what do I have to purchased to do that?  I’m assuming that will fix the blue issue.

5F61D920-C2F9-4CFD-A4B0-5D73EE6C4DCC.jpeg293FAA40-C28E-48C9-8BA3-64EE0763EA90.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The blue pixels are a warning for clipped shadows. Red pixels means clipped highlights.

Press J to toggle them on/off.

A hardware calibrator is something  you have to purchase, like the ColorMunki or i1 from X-write, or Spyder from Datacolor.

I did a search on the Surface Pro 7, and it seems that its color gamut is very close to sRGB.

So unless you do professional work, sRGB as monitor profile will probably be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those clipping indicators can be deactivated by unchecking the little boxes in the upper right-hand corners of the histogram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I also have a Surface Pro 7 and I also have the same problem. Any chance you can show me how to change the color profile stuff? Im new to all these Adobe thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On your Surface Pro- Press your {Windows} key for the desktop and type "Color Management", [Enter], then-

Follow the Steps 1,2,3,4 in the Answer from Per Bernsten....

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines