• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where to find pixel count for a raw photo, and how to save as jpg under pixel maximum?

Explorer ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under metadata in the Develop module, I don't see the total pixel count indicated for a raw photo that has been edited in Lightroom.  To post to a specific site, I need to save certain photos as jpgs.  These jpgs may not exceed either a maximum file size (easy to modify) or a maximum pixel count.  Using the Lightroom export function to save as jpgs in my Macbook Pictures folder, I can specify maximum file size, pixels per inch, or quality.  But I don't see a maximum pixel count specifiction, and I'm being told repeatedly by the external website that the file is too big even when reducing the pixels per inch or file size way down (file size less than half the website's specification)...so low in some cases that I'm told there's not enough detail to save the photo as a jpg!  

Granted this question involves both Lightroom and Mac Pictures, but any thoughts or suggestions?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

You can specify Megapixels in the Resize to fit drop down in export.

EFBA489C-DEB8-441E-9A55-B9E2C7FF5C62.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can press Cmd-J when in the develop module and configure a display that will show you the pixel dimensions of your image that you can either have displayed all the time or when you press the letter I. But it won't indicate the total number of pixels in the image. It will be necessary for you to do the math to figure that out yourself.

Screenshot 2022-05-27 153409.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Megapixels are an option for the View > View Options for the Loupe image overlay, so the total pixel count can be shown in the overlay.

Lightroom-Classic-View-Options-Loupe-Megapixels.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can specify Megapixels in the Resize to fit drop down in export.

EFBA489C-DEB8-441E-9A55-B9E2C7FF5C62.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!  This did the trick on export.  Hadn't noticed the drop-down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines