Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which Apple Device should I buy?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I’m very confused and I can’t decide. It will be really helpful if I get some opinion about the topic.

My working purpose is Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom and Final Cut Pro (heavy user). Currently using iMac 2021 M1 chip with 16/256. But this memory is not enough for me due to the load on Adobe program. I had windows for 15 years with 32gb of ram and 1650 super 4gb gpu and I worked so well.

So, where should I go now?

I need a laptop too for portability as well.

Should I go for a MacBook Pro 16 M1 Pro Max chip with 32gb memory and 512gb storage and additional 4k monitor? That should be enough for all way my purpose or I will face any issues?

Or should I go for a new upcoming iMac Pro powerful machine and a MacBook Pro, M1 pro Chip with 32/512.

Or Should I go for upcoming Mac mini M1 max chip and a MacBook Pro with second option configuration?

I need strong machine even though not waste of money. I am just suffering a slower workflow now.

I will sell my current iMac after the new setups.

by the way, my portable machine will be use just when I travel and not too heavy like I will work from home with it.

Sorry, maybe I’m making you guys confuse too. But I am not able to take the right decision. I’ve made wrong decision buying the new iMac 2021. This is not for me.

Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMHO you should go for the best that you can afford. More RAM 32GB+ will never hurt nor will 1T hard drive space. I recently upgraded to an M1 16" mbp and have been satisfied so far. I've done 4-5 video projects with the new laptop. If you're keen on having portability and performance that's probably not a bad way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The YT channel Artisright has a number of excellent videos showing the difference in M1 performance for photography comparing different ram amounts. There are other YT channels that give great performance comparisons with video.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you check for the trade in value for the '21 model on the Apple website? I was quoted $1400 trade in for my 2019 MBP 16GB 1TB MB, but I decided to give it to my son and his family and just paid the full price.

I should add that I decided on the MBP Max maxed out (64GB) but with 2TB SSD. So far I'm really pleased with it.

I have a nice TB hub with ethernet and multiple TB and USB ports. I think that is essential. I'm also using a nice BenQ 27" 4K monitor which connects through a TB cable. That works very nice. So far, my file storage needs are not really great so I am happy with two Sandisk 2TB external SSD drives.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines