• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which collection mode allows drag-reordering?

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 400 images in a Collection under a Collection Set heading and I was happily dragging them into the order I wanted - all originals are in the same folder. But then a message brielfy popped up on the screen that I could not read - something about how to reorder files, after which, I can no longer drag and reordered the files I had just been doing so with. Not sure if I hit some key errantly and switched modes of some sort - still looking at the Collection in the left column - but now I can't reordered the files. Which mode should allow this? Thanks for any info. 

dennishmiller_0-1674681444000.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarted and working again??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you're in the Collection reordering should always be possible. If it were the Collection set you'd have an issue. 

A restart is always the best first option when something is doing what you'd expect. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much. So here's a bug - if you are reoredering photos and you stop dragging while you are in the process of dragging... just stop randomly anywhere.. you get the error about what the proper way to drag is and you can no longer drag... And yes, then if you quit and restart, things work fine again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot replicate this failure.

Can you provide detailed, repeatable step-by-step instructions for reproducing this error? 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's really intermittent and I have to restart LR to ge the same functionaility I had before it throws up the error message. Finishing a project now and with an easy (enough) workaround, I need to defer pursuing this further at the moment. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the 'bug' from v10.1 has returned, that limits moves to 52! (Likely in a Collection of 400 photos)

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-limit-of-52-reorderings-in-custom-ordered-co...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines