• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White Balance

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shot some RAW pictures from my Sony camera and were shot at 6000K but in lightroom, I see it's 5500K and also I selected the VIVID picture profile which I didn't saw in Windows Photos and Adobe Lightroom both. Please help...

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Only settings within your camera which directly affect the Raw data coming off the sensor: shutter speed, aperture, and ISO, are incorporated into that Raw data. All the in-camera settings get incorporated into a camera JPG, of course.

A camera Raw file is labelled with these same settings - some are interpretable by LrC and others are not. Also LrC can be set to (try to) recognise, and use, its own equivalent for an in-camera picture style - such as Vivid. How far this is or is not possible, varies by camera model. Or LrC may not have been set to try to match the in-camera choice of profile, at all.

In any case LrC will (must) have some default postprocessing treatment, falling back to a picture style which is as standard "Adobe Color", that it will use for lack of other instructions. It is possible for the user to define their own preferred default treatment instead of Adobe's factory setting.

One comment on WB: the default treatment includes "as-Shot" WB which makes an attempt to match the effect of the in-camera WB whatever that may be. Note this will often include some degree of translation. Seeing a slightly differing WB Kelvin number from what the camera reported, or an unvarying one, does not necessarily mean LrC has got that translation "wrong".

That said, it is possible (if you try hard!) to set LrC processing defaults that include a fixed WB, or to otherwise apply a preset or sync or copy/paste settings that include a fixed WB, in any of which cases the camera's own WB information will have been disregarded - however that camera WB will still be accessible to you by selecting "As Shot" at the top of Basic panel. If a fixed WB was set in the camera then this will be unvarying, but LrC offers its own AutoWB that you can use instead (as a starting point).

Camera profile is essentially similar however there is no "as Shot" option presented for reverting to the picture style stated in the camera. With my own camera, LrC does not even provide camera-matching profiles and cannot even try to adopt the selection made in the camera. So I regard this as a Raw capturing machine alone: I simply don't bother with in-camera picture settings. These are irrelevant to me, all that stuff works in the realm of LrC only. And I don't want those picture settings potentially skewing the assessments of Raw exposure that I may make, using the in-camera histogram and such.

I do recommend this approach actually, it is quite 'freeing' IMO. Somewhat like using a film camera: where the only job of the camera dials and buttons, is to ensure the film emulsion gets exposed to the right amount of light / focus / depth of field, that will be most conducive for the envisaged later processing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines