• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Who can update my Canon 5d3 VSCO Camera Profiles to be compatible with the Canon R6?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for someone who can update some of my Canon 5d3 VSCO camera profiles to work in Camera Raw with a Canon R6. My presets dont show up anymore because they arent compatible. When I try to copy the presets onto a image the Camera Profile shows a yellow excalmation mark next to it stating that it couldnt be found. So I am thinking if I have new camera profiles for these presets it should work like usual. I have been scrambling the internet for an answer on this. I am at the point of being willing to pay someone to do this for me if they know how. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

I can help you, I figured this out and it works on my R6. Send me whatever .DCP camera profile you want in 5d mark iv and I will convert it so it will work for your R6. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

WOO! I figured it out thanks to this old video from Carmen & Ingo Photography (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMNemLondeQ)
Step by step for others who might be looking for how to convert old VSCO desktop presets to work with canon eso R5 and R6 cameras in Lightroom:
1. download a Hex editor for mac if you don't already have on one your computer. I downloaded Hex Fiend from the app store for free and it worked great.
2. Go to where your VSCO presets are stored currently for Lightroom. For me (and p

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, really grateful. Thank you so much for sharing yout profiles!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David, I exported a DNG from Lightroom which had a profile applied, used DNG Profile Editor and opened a Canonm R5 to get the recipe applied but the end result was a very lilac picture. I did the same exercice with your R6 profile to apply it to my R5 file in the Profile Editor, but same lilac result. Is this anything you have experienced?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I didn't even bother with a hex editor as someone mentioned above. Simply decompile camera profile, change whatever camera model to the model you want to change to and recompile. I could probbaly help you further with this if you DM me but mine work good with no lilac results. Hope you got it figured out

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David, do you also have the Canon R profile? Can you help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidp15020883 

Can you give me the profile of canon R? thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew !!

I'm really struggling with this exact same problem but with a Z7 II from Nikon... Do you have any idea where I could find a hack, the files, any idea with Nikon cameras ? I'm desperate, but you give me a little hope seeing all those files for R5. Thank you so much ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to edit a second shooter's images. Can I pay you to help me convert the profile for a Canon 90D?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give me the profile of Nikon Z6ii? thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew! Do you or do you know anyone that can help with Nikon z7ii profiles?! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a real one for this. True hero. I, like many others, am looking for an R6II profile, as well as for the R3 - I would be so happy to pay you to create these if that's something you're interested in doing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dm me if still in need, didnt realise this blew up with so many replies. will update if you need

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much David for the download link - that was very helpful 🙂 

But I've also got an R5 as well as an R6... So I've figured out how to use the DCP decompiler to XML and back again etc - all works fine. But do you know if there is any way to batch process lots of profiles, using the command line prompt?  

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doh!... should have looked on page 2! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David ! 

I'm really struggling with this exact ssame problem but with a Z7 II from Nikon... Do you have any idea where I could find a hack, the files, any idea with Nikon cameras ? I'm desperate. Thank you so much ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot thank you enough for sharing this!!! YOU HAVE SAVED MY LIFE!!! Can I venmo you for your time??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

late getting back to this but dw its all good, glad i could help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give me the profile of nikon Z6ii? thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was anyone able to help with the Nikon Z7ii profiles?! I would pay for help. Please let me know if anyone has found someone or knows how!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dm me ill see whats possible, shouldnt be a problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Are you able to upload an updated version of the profiles for Canon R6 Mark II? Happy to venmo you for your trouble as well! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dm me, ill update them for mk2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy moly!  I've just got myself a R6mkii - i'd love to obtain these if possible? Thanks in adavnce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too if that's ok and happy to pay or exchange something, anything to get my workflow back on track. I nearly drove to a second hand camera shop to buy some mark 3s again as I'm finding the R6 2 files so difficult to work with after 6 years of the same thing! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines