• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can i not download my lightroom 6.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I paid £100 for lightroom 6, and now i need to download it again, i find that there is only a cloud based version. This is NOT what i bought. How can i get my product?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

It's necessary to do a little digging on that link because it is generic and will provide a link to various versions of Lightroom. Lightroom 6 IS available if you do a little searching. Adobe announced several years ago that it no longer supports Lightroom 6. The code for that version is ancient. Many new features have been added in Lightroom Classic, not just support for new cameras. If you keep looking on that link you should be able to find the appropriate download, but it's a dead horse.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

@jimhock1 on the page Jim linked, scroll down to where it says

• Lightroom 6/CC for Windows (1.1 GB) – Direct download link – All languages
  • Lightroom 6/CC for Mac OS (1.2 GB) – Direct download link – All languages

It may show CC2015 branding but that's still Lightroom 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022
No. Lightroom 6 is NOT available. Only the cloud version is available, andi hate it.Looks like i'm ripped off again.
By @jimhock1

Incorrect. The download can be used as EITHER the non-cloud LR 6 if you enter your serial number, or it can be used as the Cloud version if you enter your e-mail address. And it is version 6.14. I know, I have tried it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i try, it wants to download the updated 'Cloud' version. I'm really annoyed at Adobe for this. They sold me a product that i can no longer access. This is why i always preferred to get a disc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The code used by the perpetual license version and the "cloud version" is identical, only the internal licensing differs depending on which method you use. You should be able to enter your serial number as normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's necessary to do a little digging on that link because it is generic and will provide a link to various versions of Lightroom. Lightroom 6 IS available if you do a little searching. Adobe announced several years ago that it no longer supports Lightroom 6. The code for that version is ancient. Many new features have been added in Lightroom Classic, not just support for new cameras. If you keep looking on that link you should be able to find the appropriate download, but it's a dead horse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Lightroom 6 is NOT available. Only the cloud version is available, and
i hate it.
Looks like i'm ripped off again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jimhock1 on the page Jim linked, scroll down to where it says

• Lightroom 6/CC for Windows (1.1 GB) – Direct download link – All languages
  • Lightroom 6/CC for Mac OS (1.2 GB) – Direct download link – All languages

It may show CC2015 branding but that's still Lightroom 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Lightroom 6 is NOT available. Only the cloud version is available, andi hate it.Looks like i'm ripped off again.
By @jimhock1

Incorrect. The download can be used as EITHER the non-cloud LR 6 if you enter your serial number, or it can be used as the Cloud version if you enter your e-mail address. And it is version 6.14. I know, I have tried it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for enduring my childish frustration. The answer Was there, I was going down the wrong rabbit hole.

From a very contrite old man, I thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to move LR6 to a new computer.  I used the link in this thread to download the software.  I have a serial number on file with Adobe for version 6.0 .  When I try to use it with the downloaded software it says the sn is valid but a qualifying product could not be found.  It offers LR1 - LR5 as valid choices.  Any idea why it won't work?  The link SW version is 6.14, maybe that's why?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Becuase you bought an upgrade from an earlier version of Lightroom to Lightroom 6, you must provide the serial number of the earlier version. It has nothing to do with 6.14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines