• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why cant I delete from disc anymore in LR,

Explorer ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used LR for many years with no real problems. However recently I cant delete from disc. Why is this and how do I fix it. My HD is filling up with unwanted images. In fact LR is adding images onto the HD not deleting them. All ideas welcome Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Version Number of "Lightroom"?

What Version number of macOS?

Is the HD internal or external?

What is meant by "In fact LR is adding images onto the HD"?

What method are you using to delete photos?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob thanks for your questions. I am using LR Classic 12.2.1. My iMac is M1 Ventura 13.3.1 (a). My HD is an external SD. When I said adding I will explain, yesterday I did a test and added 8 Raw images into a test folder on my HD. I then imported them into LR. Out of the 8 I deleted 4, went back into the HD folder and the 8 were still there and 4 more had been duplicated so I now have 12 images in that folder. If this has been going on for ages my HD must be stuffed with unwanted images and I cant tell which to keep and which to manually get rid of....Help!!!

When I delete in LR I always choose the "Delete from disc"

I am completely frustrated, perplexed and Adobe Chat were useless, messing around for 2 hrs and then signed off and left me with no answer.  I hope I have given you enough info to may be figure out what is going on. Thanks Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like the following happened. When you imported those images, you chose 'Copy' at the top of the import dialog, instead of 'Add'. You selected the same folder as destination, so all 8 images were copied (and only the new 8 copies were imported). Then you deleted 4 images and looked at the content of the folder. The folder now contains 12 images: the 8 original images that were not imported but copied, and 4 of the 8 copies because you deleted 4 of them.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines