• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do have to install LR and PS again when i already have them installed but cannot use them

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I do not know what has happened, I pay monthly for creative cloud for Photoshop amd Lightroom, I have them already installed  on my old computer,Windows 7, which i like and want to keep, now for some reason when  i try to work on LR it keep saying it cannot verify my status so i cannot use it, and adobe wants me to install the apps again, i do not want to do this, as i expect i will get some updated version that will not work on my computer, does anyone have any idea why it now wants me to re  install these Lightroom and Photoshop apps again when i already have them installed  but will not work.

Thank you

Maggie

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/EDITED/My bad, some info was in plain site, as in Windows 7 clearly stated/

/EDIT 2 / Added addtional link

To clarify, the issue is on the Windows computer?

If so, what Windows OS? Is it Windows 7?

odds are the answer to both above is yes. And likelihood is that the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App (ACCDA) needs to contact the Adobe servers to authenticate your license, but cannot do that, untill you fix Win 7 TLS

instead of waiting foe a reply in the affirmative, I will go ahead and assume Windows 7, and provide the following link:   see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html

and:

Additional link: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/unable-to-reach-adobe-servers.html

More problems like this will occur, and eventually to a point of no remedy, for old operating systems, be they by Apple or Microsoft.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it is the windows 7 version that it has happened on, but i do not download the updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for replying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we able to buy the software like we used to on cds or memory sticks, i am getting really tired of all these updates i just want to carry on as i am, it is all i need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Your operating system is out of date and completely unsupported by Microsoft. There is no version of Lightroom available on CD. Unfortunately, what you are trying to do is live in the past, and it isn't going to work. What version of Lightroom have you been working with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom classic,  with CC,   is that what you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it is the windows 7 version that it has happened on, but i do not download the updates

It is not an issue about updates. I think it is an issue about accredidation of your license.

Remember that occasionally the software needs to contact the Adobe servers and check that you are paid up. Their are two periods of time involved, and two variations (monthly payment, or yearly payment) At any rate (for the mothly option) every 30 days or so this happens, if it fails, then a grace period of 99 days occurs in case the Internet was down. If that fails, then the software gets deactivated and you receive an error message.

(ref): https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/internet-connection-creative-cloud-apps.html

As shown in the link I provided time has run out for Widows 7 users that have made the changes given in the link. Several community members have had such issues, all Windows 7 users.

Other problems could stiil be the root issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, i pay monthly, and everthing is uptodate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being up to date is not the issue. Not being able to authenticate the license is a problem. 

Every 30 days the software needs to contact Adobe servers and authenticate the license, to check that you are paid up (assuming monthly payment) , assuming that your Internet access might not be available for a period of time, Adobe allows a grace period, then the software tries again, second failure, the software gets deactivated.

Now, how to see if that is the problem?

One way is to bring up your copy of Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, sign out, sign in. You get a message that the Adobe servers cannot be contacted, then that is probably the issue.

Another way to test, see (ref 1)

Not included in (ref 1) is what is the root cause of your ancient Windows 7 OS not being able to contact Adobe, as previously provided, but I will state again, listed below as (ref 2)

(ref 1): Adobe | Resolve connection errors

(ref 2): Adobe | End of Life for TLS 1.0 and 1.1 support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional link tht I should have included (I have added it to earler reply, but..)

For more info on Windows 7 vs ACCDA, and a tempoary fix, see:

: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/unable-to-reach-adobe-servers.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if i do reinstall PS and LR, will i lose all my  years work that i have in the Lightroom library?  I believe my browser supposrt Tls 1.3,  but i am  still trying to confirm that.  i am not the best on computers, once i am inside LR and PS, i am away but all these updates and security stuff, when i do not usually work on line nor do have any photos in the cloud, they are all on hard drives and back ups on hard drives. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if i do reinstall PS and LR, will i lose all my  years work that i have in the Lightroom library? 

No, of course not — you lose nothing.

... and adobe wants me to install the apps again, i do not want to do this, as i expect i will get some updated version that will not work on my computer

If the newer versions won't run on your operating system, then they WILL NOT be installed.

... does anyone have any idea why it now wants me to re  install these Lightroom and Photoshop apps again when i already have them installed  but will not work.

Exactly what is happening that makes you think you need to re-install the Adobe apps? Be specific. Provide the exact word-for-word unedited message you are seeing. You said something about "can't verify my status" and re-installing Adobe apps would not fix this at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thank you for getting back to me, here are some screen shots,  it says on Problem 4 , my system is too old for the updated version of lightroom classic, and "to install an older version follow the steps", but there does not appear to be anysteps to follow.  And i am defintely connected to the internet, even though it says i am not.  Sorry to be such a numpty,  I really wanted to keep to wondows 7,  but may be i cannot any more, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For security reasons, I never download attachments. Please include your screen captures in your reply by clickin on the "Insert Photos" icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

problem-1.jpgproblem-2.jpgproblem-3.jpgproblem-4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, here they are, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever read the previous links? The ones about Windows 7 and TLS? Did you follow the instructions. I will try again.

First up:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/unable-to-reach-adobe-servers.html

and from step 1

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html#win7

Until you fix the TLS issue, communication between your computer and the Adobe Servers will fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you do have one point overlooked, LrC v10.3 calls for as a minimum Windows 10 v1903

or MACOS 10.14

so, yes, you will need to know how to select an older version while in the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App.

But your TLS needs to be correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/EDITED/Useles stuff lined thru, helpfull stuff added at top/

In your copy of the Adobe Creati=ve Cloud Desktop App (ACCDA)

•  
  • Click on FIle
  • Click on Preferences.
  • Click on Apps
  • Scroll down to Settings
  • Switch on Show Older Apps.

I do not know if you will need to close ACCDA after that and restart. But, hopefully, next to the INSTALL button, three dots should show up, click the dots.

Your Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop APP (ACCDA) looks different form the one I am looking at on my computer as to be able to state how to install older versions.

Looking to see if that is something customizable.

In the meantime, in ACCDA click on Help, click on About Creative Cloud. What version do you have?

hmm, wonder if latest ACCDA works on WIndows 7???

ahh, you do not have any of the apps installed? So no section on Installed Apps. that is the difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank  you , i am not very good with this,  I did have the apps installed, i still do, but that image problem 1, keep coming up on it, i thought i might be able to work offline , but with no internet on ,   I use the brave browser, i searched for the TL1.2, and it seems that brave has all the TL1.1 1.2 and 1.3,  so i do not think that that is the problem, perhaps you thinkit is still,   I will try the rest of what you have kindly written down for me tomorrow,  it is all rather depressing.  Thank you so much for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 TLL, not Brave, or FireFox, or Chrome, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know what you mean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, a different approach

On your computer, Update Windows 7 Service Pack 1 from Windows Update using the following steps.

• Select Start, type "update" in the search box. Then select Windows Update in the search results.
  • In the details pane, select Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
  • If you see a prompt telling you that important or optional updates are available, or telling you to review important or optional updates, select the message to view the updates to install.
  • In the list, select the check box for the updates that you want to install, select OK, and then select Install updates.
  • Restar your computer

the above from:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html#win7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternatively, an EasyFix exists. It is listed in the document I got the previous reply from.

click on: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/update-to-enable-tls-1-1-and-tls-1-2-as-default-secure-pro...

hopefully the document in that link will come up showing the section on EasyFix, it includes a link to clcik on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines