• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does my photo change once its on lightroom (grain etc)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first photo is on lightroom, look at the sky.
The second one is the basic without lightroom.
Once i put the photo on lightroom it transform this way and im not doing anything.
How can i fix this problem?

1.PNG1.PNG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide details about, the Lightroom Application actual version number. Also additional info about what we are viewing, file type, crop etc viewing at fit or 100% etc.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version is 11.4
File type is .NEF and i zoomed in the photo at like 400%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the link below for additional info.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/why-does-the-color-and-or-tone-of-my-im...

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly provide the information provided by @DdeGannes 

This looks like the Library Module (is it?) where you haven't built 1:1 previews. What happens if you press Z to zoom in and then wait a few seconds? Does the image appear better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing change the photos just is worse in lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not provide the information suggested by @DdeGannes 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, check the reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zoomed in at 400% ... different software handles the zooming differently, they are not expected to match.

What should match very closely is when you view at 100%. Also, what software was use to create the bottom image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah but the problem is shutterstock wont accept the photo cause its grain, so i cant edit it.

What do you mean the software for bottom of the image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What software were you using when you saw this view of the image?

@SunOmega wrote:

Yeah but the problem is shutterstock wont accept the photo cause its grain, so i cant edit it.

You didn't inform me about if the photos essentially match when viewed at 100%. And why can't you edit it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The first photo is on lightroom, look at the sky.
The second one is the basic without lightroom."

Digital images don't just display themselves, they are read and displayed by a specific program. If the first shot is of Lightroom, what is the "basic" program in the second shot?

Moreover, as well as asking why you see grain in the sky in the first (LR) shot, you might also ask why there is such a marked loss of detail in the wall of the building in the second shot. The answer to both questions is most likely that the "basic" image is a jpg created by your camera and embedded in the NEF for display purposes. While processing that jpg the camera did some noise reduction (too much in my opinion). Add to that the fact that the process of creating a jpg destroys a lot of image data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another point. You can have an image that is the best photograph ever taken wehn viewed at 100%, but when expanded to 400% the image doesn't look as clean, there appears to be grain and artifacts. Why? First, each pixel from that 100% view is now represented by 16 pixels in the 400% view; of course there is going to be grain and artifacts, how much depends on the scaling/smoothing algorithm used. It seems as if you are implying because there is this grain/artifacts at 400% that the photo isn't usable, which simply is not true — because this happens to all photos at 400%, it can't be avoided except by extreme smoothing, which in itself is a problematic thing to do and may be why the building in your bottom photo has less sharpness as pointed out by @elie_dinur .

Judging image quality at 400% is not a good way to judge image quality. This type of grain/artifacts at 400% should not even be a concern; what you see at 100% zoom is what you should be looking at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines