• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why doesn't LR Classic have the eject after import button for the Nikon D6

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Nikon D6 has been around for 2 years and yet there still isn't an 'eject after import' for the Nikon D6. Are they working on it and it will be in an upcoming update or is it that the D6 wasn't very popular and they will never have it? I would like to see it. It would solve the problem of me forgetting to eject first and thus maybe corrupting my card.

I have the latest update of LR Classic. I am running MacOS Monterey 14.4

Picture is what I see when I use my D750.

Cmp=Macbook Pro Apple M2 Max Sonoma 14.0 Lightroom Classic 13.0 (13.01 didn't work for me when I installed it so I went back to 13.0)
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answer withdrawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I thought some Adobe people might be on the forum that would know. Thank you for your reply

Cmp=Macbook Pro Apple M2 Max Sonoma 14.0 Lightroom Classic 13.0 (13.01 didn't work for me when I installed it so I went back to 13.0)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikon D6, Dual CFexpress card slots, correct? So you sre importing from CFexpress cards. The OS treats these as hatd drives, not memory cards, hence not treated as SD, CF, flash cards, etc. The OS does not offer up these cards as removable, hence no eject inquiry. Adobe cannot fix the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens because the the Nikon D6 uses XQD/CFexpress cards,and to get extra performance, the cards present themselves to the operating system as external drives rather than removable media. (This was a deliberate design decision by the manufacturers.)   The operating system relays to LR that the cards are external drives rather than removable media, so LR doesn't display Eject After Import.

Windows and Mac could fix this by recognizing the cards are XQD/CFexpress and reporting them as removable media.  (I believe that low-level protocol provides that information to the operating systems.) 

Adobe could also fix this by recognizing the cards are XQD/CFexpress (or letting the user right-click the device and indicate it should always display Eject).

I'm doubtful Windows or Mac will make that change, and Adobe will  just point the finger at them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol I love your explanation. So any future cameras that Nikon puts our using CF Express will run into the same problems? Doesn't the new mirrorless system (Z) use the same cards. Me thinks Adobe, Mac and Windows need to have a talk. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting point, however Apple talks to no one, follow their protocol period.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines