• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why I can't edit the file and this weird stripes but can see the thumbnail.

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very annoying, why the thumbnails can be read but the file show in stripes? This had happened to many images. 

Screenshot 2022-09-12 at 22.30.55.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences - Performance and uncheck the option to use the GPU. Does that help?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i went exactly you mention and did not saw GPU. Perhaps you can assist again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this screenshot: select Lightroom Classic>Preferences, the select the "Performance" tab (shown in the red box in my screenshot), then click in the blue box and select "Off" from the resulting drop-down list.

Does that fix the problem or not?

Cursor_and_Preferences_and_LR_Classic_Forum_Test_Catalog-v11_lrcat_-_Adobe_Photoshop_Lightroom_Classic_-_Develop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jim thanks for being crystal clear. I tried and unfortunately it does not fix the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this is a DNG file. Does your camera produce DNG RAW files, or is this a converted file, RAW converted to DNG, perhaps at import?

What you are showing is often a corrupt RAW file, either in camera (bad memory card) or during copy (bad card reader or cable)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't despair just yet. I would think that a currupt file also results in a currupt thumbnail, because thumbnails are previews generated by Lightroom from the raw data.

If it's not the GPU, then it's more likely a corrupt monitor profile.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to resolve it? I can't keep having issue like that. Imagine that one important moment shot is unable to read. Although the files that are unable to open in Lightroom, however it is able to open in Photoshop. Hence is not the case of corrupted file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your logic is not correct. Did you try changing the GPU settings in Lightroom? Did you check for corrupt monitor profile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am not that tech savvy, my previous Lightroom was from a disc long ago. Do enlighten me how to go to GPU to set or check corrupt monitor profile. TIA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Lightroom Classic, go to Preferences->Performance->Use Graphics Processor and set it to OFF. Report the results.

Corrupt monitor profile: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-corrupted/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes i dun understand why my RAW has been automatically convert to DNG when i import, anyway to stop it? I suspect that's the main cause of it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines