• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why move component and tools?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am tired of having to re-learn LR Classic every time it is updated and components that have been in the same place for years are moved and changed. Tools is the latest area where what has worked well for years has been made complex and requires new learning yet again.

My memory is failing and it is hard enough to use the LR Classic I am used to without haveing to waste time trying to find the paint bucket or draw a simple arrow.

If it isn't broken, don't try fixing it!

Trying to keep up with all the new and often pointless features in Lightroom makes my life difficult and wastes a lot of time.

It seems to me that the best thing to do is ignore updates and carry on working with  a version I know.

We aren't all software wizards, we don't all work in studios and graphics, a lot of us just work on our personal images.

Please try to bear this in mind the next time a new idea is being developed!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Improvements sometimes require you to learn a part of the software again. So be it. If we would not except that and always say you shouldn't fix what ain't broken, then we would still be driving around in horse carriages and cross the oceans in sail boats.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it isn't broken, don't try fixing it ... this is the equivalent of saying don't make things better. Well, Adobe is clear if you look at their history, when they feel they should make something better, they do, and sometimes that means the interface will change. I am happy Adobe does this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines