(Win) Lightroom 11.5 Cannot import photos from an SD card consistently not responding

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not experienced this problem previously. I am using Lightroom Classic 11.5. I have Windows 10 on my PC. When I try to import images from my SD card, the images are imported, but I am unable check or uncheck images or perform any import functions. I am getting a spinning, blue circle on my computer and then the message that Adobe Lightroom is not responding. I have tried uninstalling and then installing the next most recent version of Lightroom. I have tried other SD cards, importing through an external card reader, and directly from my camera with no success. I am able to import images from folders that are already on my computer. It is just the new images from my SD card that result in the not responding message. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

{Thread title updated by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. This is unexpected & I'll need more information to help you with this.

Are you working on a laptop or desktop? Do you use USB hub extensions? Could you please share a screenshot of the import settings you are using?

There are a few things to test in the hardware part of this.

• If you are working on a desktop, try to plug in the SD card reader or camera in the USB ports at the back of your CPU.
  • Unplug any mobile devices or extra peripherals currently not used as a test.

Let me know how it goes,

Thanks!
Sameer K

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you, Sameer,

I am using a laptop. I am not aware of any hub extensions. I have tried to import images with nothing else plugged in to the ports, but still get the same "Adobe Lightroom is not responding" message.

I was able to import selected photos from my SD card to a folder I created on a portable drive and then import those new images to Lightroom without any difficulties.

I am not the most tech savvy person around. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Don

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines