• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(Win11) Move Lightroom Classic Catalogue from OneDrive to internal SSD drive

Participant ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently my house was robbed and we lost all of our computers, external drives, external backup drives &c &c. 

I had, fortunately, an external drive with all of my photos dated January, 2017. Using this I created a new Lr Classic catalogue and imported my photos. 
I did not notice until this evening that my Pictures folder (PC, Windows 11) and my lightroom catalog are on OneDrive. 
I want my catalogue on my internal SSD drive. 
Can I just copy the Pictures folder to my internal drive and redirect the catalog to find the photos on my external 4T drive where they are now? 
One Drive is just dandy except for when the internet is not available. (Canada, Rogers, Downalot)  My Pictures folder is 63GB. 
Any advice would be very welcome. 

{Thread title updated by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kate,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope you are safe now.

You can check the official documentation from Microsoft to configure Onedrive: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/choose-which-onedrive-folders-to-sync-to-your-computer-98...

Changing where the catalog is stored will not affect the link between the original images & the catalog itself.

You can manually move the catalog & its related files to the internal drive & away from the OneDrive backup folders.

Once you have launched Lightroom Classic with the catalog on the internal drive, go to the Library Module > Main Menu on top > Library > Find All Missing Photos. This will refresh Lightroom's current link with the original images & then you can re-link the missing pictures.

Check this for help with missing images: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

Let me know how it goes,

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help. I think I managed to move Lr to my internal SSD 1T drive and stopped linking to OneDrive. I first copied the Lr folder (in Pictures) to the drive then attempted to simply unlink the folder in OneDrive. The result was a frozen computer. Re-booted. Decided that OneDrive could go and I would never miss it. It is still there in the bottom of my screen sulking but Lr works perfectly well. Now I can finally get back to getting my photos back to where they were. I am missing a few recent years and a lot of edits (portfolio shots). But it could have been much worse. I could have lost it all. 
Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines