• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 - LR ICC printer/paper profiles import failure

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen MAC users discuss this, and with little joy. The issue seems to have been around at least 4 years. 
I was wondering whether a Windows user has cracked this.
I use Lightroom Classic - subscription. 

When an ICC profile is imported (the extracted icc file) I get a message that the file is unsupported or corrupted. 
If I try to import the unextracted zip file (as shown in some YouTube videos) I also get a fail message - no items to be imported in the zip file. 
Now we tried this on a friend's L, and then I tried it on my own LR. Identical results. 
I really want to move on into printing and soft proofing, so this bug is bothering me.
Thanks to anyone with Windows experience, who can enlighten.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I called one printing company about this issue, and their insight was that LR and PS require distinct profile files.
As PS has been the default program for printing workflows, it seems that although Adobe has developed LR capabilities for printer/paper profiles, the industry has not always supplied ICC profiles that we can use to import into LR. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines