• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 11, can't Add photos to LrC from NAS without crashing

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running windows 11 (all up to date as of today) and LrC 12.0.1. Have a Synology NAS with 70,000+ photos. Trying to create a new Catalog but it crashes after about 500 every time. I have turned off the GPU (not that I can see that make a difference for Add). No virus sw apart from Microsoft. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Lightroom community. I'd love to help you figure this out.

Where do you keep your catalog? On the internal drive or an external drive? Could you please share a screenshot of the import settings you are using? Are you using the Synology NAS wirelessly or via a wired connection?

If it only happens when you're adding images from the NAS drive, you can try reconfiguring the NAS with the computer.

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your quick reply! I have since then copied all the photos to a USB hard drive, which I connected straight to my PC. Now it only crashes every 500-5000 photos so I have managed to Add 50,000 this morning.  Would obviously prefer no crashes, but manageable. Good thing is that it doesn't loose any Adds after a crash. I was using the NAD wirelessly, might get a small hub and connect them for these sort of things.  All the ADD files are already converted to .dng (I shoot both Olympus and Canon RAW).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines