• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

windows overlaps file and folders

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have discovered a really small problem but it bothers me. The image window overlaps the menu on the left, files and folders. I can not get the mouse pointer to split so I can not move the image or resize. Does anyone know how I restore the image window so it does not overlap?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Troubleshooting steps:

1. Update your graphics driver by going directly to the manufacturer's web site and doing a clean uninstall/reinstall:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html#solution-4 

2. Try disabling the graphics processor by setting Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor to Off. (This probably won't help but it's trivial to try.)

3. Set Windows display scaling to 100%. Then in LR, set Preferences > Interface > Font Size to Automatic. LR has lots

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please specify the exact version of your operating system and Lightroom application you are using.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 64 bit, ver 20H2, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz, RAM 32,0 GB, LrC 10.4, Ps 22.5.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Troubleshooting steps:

1. Update your graphics driver by going directly to the manufacturer's web site and doing a clean uninstall/reinstall:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html#solution-4 

2. Try disabling the graphics processor by setting Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor to Off. (This probably won't help but it's trivial to try.)

3. Set Windows display scaling to 100%. Then in LR, set Preferences > Interface > Font Size to Automatic. LR has lots of problems on Windows when display scaling or the font size are other than 100%.

4. Try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/ 

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to set display scaling to 100 % and it´s worked, the windows are now right and I haven´t any overlaps.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you discovered the cause. It's unfortunate that, after all these years, LR still doesn't work correctly with display scaling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines