• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows rashed, Lightroom gone

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until last week I worked with Lightroom (Desktop version updated through the years from LR 4.0 until 6.14). Then my Windows crashed and all apps including LR were deleted.  I have Windows 10 running now , but Lightroom is missing. I tried to install LR 6.14 through an exe-file which I had safed on my PC, but LR did not accept my signature (6 numbers, each consisting of 4 digts seperated by - ). Is there a way to download my old LR app? Of course I have safed all my pics and the LR catalogue on an extra harddisk, so I could continue to work with my photos - but I need the app.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to install LR 6.14 through an exe-file which I had safed on my PC, but LR did not accept my signature (6 numbers, each consisting of 4 digts seperated by - )

What happened? What was the exact unedited word-for-word error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Serial number invalid". But it was the number I used, before Windows crashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the exact question being asked when you entered your serial number? Was it asking for the serial number of a previous version of Lightroom?

And also, you are not entering the hyphen right? You just enter the digits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume that at some point you purchased a v6.0 upgrade. Where did you acquire that copy? Do you still have the CD (DVD?) do you still have the document that came with it containing the S/N? (or was that on CD, been a long long time)

Also, as that was an upgrade S/N, what about previous S/N?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem was fixed by Adobe support just this moment. They installed it on my PC. Great service!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may want to play the Lottery today. Most customers need to call multiple times to get a help desk person that will not simply tell them no longer supported , so sorry, inquire in the community pages.

Usual community advice back to those members, is to call again, and stress not for tech support, just for deactivation, please.

A few weeks ago, an actual Adobe Team Leader started actually working on fixing the Adobe Tech involvement in these community pages. Previously an actual Adobe employee in these pages was rare. Several members reached out to her on the Lr 6 deactivation issue. She replied in the affirmative, sent up the chain. Appears results may have occurred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines