• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wireless Tethering - Display only JPG?

New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Longtime Adobe user. I am trying to use Tether Tools Air Direct for Wireless tethering.  In theory, the JPG is supposed to show up first and the CR3 will catch up later.  However, its taking 8-10 seconds for anything to show up and then both the CR3 + JPG show up at the same time.  As an experiment, I tried CaptureOne, trial, which indeed displays the JPG first.   Here's the question:  Is there any way to have LR only pull in the JPGs but leave the CR3's on the camera?  (some of you may be asking why would I leave the CR3's on the camera and not import.  My studio PC is only used to capture, not process the images, I do that at a Workstation). 

PS BTW, this slow display issue is present on both Windows and Macs.  LR works fine when using a wired tether. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might contact Tether Tools directly for help with this.

A quick glance at their web site indicates that, at least with the older Case Air product, you configure a watched folder in LR to automatically import photos downloaded by the Air. If that's the case with the newer Air Direct, then try setting the LR option Preferences > General > Treat JPEG Files Next To Raw Files As Separate Photos.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe this is an option. However, depending on your OS certain features may not work the same, especially if you are running Mac OS Catalina. warmly/j

Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 8.09.39 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Did you figure this out? I'm trying to shoot 5d mk4 to LR using Air Direct, and I'm having the same problem. I can't figure out how to transfer the jpegs only, and leave the raw on the card. Did you solve this? If so, I would greatly appreciate any guidance.

Thank you!

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines