Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workflow disruption

Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a very beginner User.

Started with LR iPad, quickly migrated to LRC MacBook.  On the learning curve and completed a comprehensive online tutorial series by Ben Willmore.

Upgraded to include PS and retain 1 TB subscription.

Everything has changed !

Went to import some RAW images into LR from SD card and the LR interface has changed to where I had to do considerable searching to find how to import the files into LR, found a workaround but I do not think the most efficient way.

I have started to do some PS online tutorials again online with Ben, and had PS open to follow along, but now PS seems to have detected new Imports and when I attempt to open PS it opens ACR and it would appear the system wants me to Edit in ACR before I can bring the file to PS.

I would like to adjust the settings so that my old workflow is back !

Insert SD, open LR, Browse for the files in LR and place them in my "To be Edited" collection.

Edit them and IF I want to do somehing in PS I can export from LR.  I expect most images will not go past LR.  I would like ACR to go away and mind its own business !

Sorry for the long winded post, surely a simple matter for someone that know what they are doing.  I am lost.

Thanks and apologies again for the long winded post. Cheers 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you are confusing two Adobe programs with one another.

Two computer programs involved

Lightroom (Lr), a.k.a Lightroom Desktop, a.k.a Lightroom Ecosystem, nicknames Lightroom Cloudy, and to me as LrPOS. This app runs on your computer, uses an Album stored on the Cloud, stores photos on the Cloud. As you stated you retained your 1TB Cloud storage when changing your subscription to include Photoshop, this is probably the app you were using.

Lightroom Classic (LrC). This is the direct descendant of the original Adobe Photoshop Lightroom. Runs on your computer, uses a Catalog stored on your computer, photos can be anywhere, but typically on your computer. LrC has more features than Lr.

Lightroom (Lr) Is included via Adobe subscription plans. It is available in the Lightroom Plan that includes only Lr and 1TB of cloud. It can also be acquired in the Adobe Photography plans.

Lightroom Classic cannot be obtained in a single app plan. It comes via the Adobe Photography plan (and higher). The Photography plan includes, PS, Lr, LrC, Bridge, Camera RAW and some other small bits.

Lr, and LrC have very very different graphic interfaces

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, if you have Photoshop then you have upgrade to the Photography Plan this plan has access to the following,

1. Photoshop

2. Lightroom Classic ( LrC). Original files are stored in on your Computer hard drive.

3. Lightroom (cloud-based). App on your Computer with Original files are stored in your  Adobe Creative Cloud storage.

4. Lightroom mobile. For smart phone and tablets. Original files stored in your Creative Cooud storage.

The work you do in the Lightroom apps can sync with each other.

You can have a look at the article in the link below to decide which version of Lightroom you wish to use on your Computer.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/which-lightroom-version-am-i-using/

In addition there are two free starter guides available at the same website as the article, LightroomQueen(dot)com.

You will get very sound detail how to proceed. Good luck.

Neither of the two computer based apps LrC and Lr require you using ACR.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for both your responses.

I need to decide on an efficient workflow.  I will work on better understanding how to import files into LR which I prefer to use as my primary program as I am getting acquainted with it.

I have found a way of getting ACR to shut up.  I can do my basic Edits in LRC and go Photo > Edit > Edit in Adobe Photoshop 2022.  This is important to me (I think) because I only anticipate going to PS to do some things like HDR and Stacking.  My primary photography is Birds and Landscapes with a little bit of Macro.

I am 67 and hope I will be able to do some of these things before the end of my days ........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Keep trucking on you will be fine, I am 78.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines