Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

workflow - how to provide only 3+ star pictures to a different app

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

I'm working with LR to a large extend just to rate and sort my pictures. As a next step I'm working with Designer3 to produce printed books. My challenge is how can I provide only pictures with a certain rating into the Designer3 app.

Sure I can mark and export them in LR into a new folder and then just import that folder into the Designer3 app. Thats works, but that takes a lot of time and diskspace for non needed duplicates. Thats why I'm wondering if there is a better way as I'm unfamiliar with a lot of LR functionality. May be there is one.

May be the export way is the only way to go...thanks for your feedback or confirmation

thanks

burkhard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Lightoom Classic has its own book module, which then does not require you to export photos.

If it has to be done in other software, then you  have to export photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightoom Classic has its own book module, which then does not require you to export photos.

If it has to be done in other software, then you  have to export photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only other way it could work is if the book software developers wrote a direct connection between Lightroom Classic and the book software. For example, the Blurb book company wrote a direct connection to the cloud version of Lightroom, so that the selected photos are uploaded straight to the service and no duplicates are created on your computer.

I don't know anything about Designer3, but you could look into the possibility of asking Designer3 to develop a connection like that for Lightroom Classic. Ways other companies have done this is as a Lightroom Classic plug-in or Publish Service. Or Designer3 could use the Lightroom Classic API to read the Lightroom Classic catalog database. All of those direct connection methods can avoid having to export and manage duplicate images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines