Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working of of 2 different hard drives?

Explorer ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, and thanks in advance!

I recently got a full-time job as a photographer. I want to keep my work photos separate from my personal photos. Currently, I work off of hard drives. One to download pic too, and the other is a backup. With the new job starting soon, they're buying me 2 4 TB SSD's and I want to set things up the same way they are now. Here's my question so when I get home from the day of work, I want to download my work photos onto my work hard drives. I want to be able to plug in my “work” drive and edit etc from there. If I back up all my presets every time I shut down Lightroom to my computer, will all the presets and stuff be available to me when I start using my work hard drive?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to do is use the "Save Presets with Catalog" preference so those travel with the catalog. 

Then just use a good backup utility to sync drive to drive so everything newer ends up on the oother drive and vise vesra. 

The only thing that will not travel I can think of, off hand are camera profiles. If you use DNG, that gets embedded into the DNG so that's a fix. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines