Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working on smart previews offline doesnt work

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I have a problem with my Lightroom classic. I have about 150k photos on my archive synchronized with my Lighroom. I nned to work on them while I am on travel, of course I do not want to carry the hard drives with me. So me idea was to create a new catalog with previews only, work on them while I am gone and merge them later with the original ctalog. But this does not work. I have exported as catalog, clicked on Búild7Inckude smart previews (s so no negative files) and tried to open the new catalog (which is as big as the old one) while I was on travel without internet. But I only get question smarks and no previews. Where is the point of my mistake? Thanks a lot, Dirk

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The way this is expected to work is that you would make collections and sync them. Once sync is turned on these collections will make smart previews that will accessible across all devices and sync back to your catalog. Try one collection and see if this works for you. For example if you open Lightroom in a browser at lightroom.adobe.com or open the app on a phone or tablet you will see all of your synced collections. Edits that you make in the develop module and some of the features like flags will automatically sync to the desktop version of Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines