• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working with creative cloud offline

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm headed to a remote area tomorrow but will be taking and editing photos....can I still use the software offline?

I understand you can 30 days from the last Adobe verification update?  Not sure when Adobe conducts the monthly checks...on the 1st, 15th??

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Yes, you can use the software offline. That's what it's designed for. There's no set date for checks. The activation check is sophisticated and flexible. Depends on when it last detected an active internet connection on your machine. On an annual plan, billed monthly you can go up to one calendar month+99 days without one (30 days on a monthly plan, billed monthly).

For full detail, see Internet connectivity, offline grace period, and reminders | Adobe Creative Cloud apps

See also Need to work off

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can use the software offline. That's what it's designed for. There's no set date for checks. The activation check is sophisticated and flexible. Depends on when it last detected an active internet connection on your machine. On an annual plan, billed monthly you can go up to one calendar month+99 days without one (30 days on a monthly plan, billed monthly).

For full detail, see Internet connectivity, offline grace period, and reminders | Adobe Creative Cloud apps

See also Need to work offline?

Creative Cloud activation and sign-in troubleshooting

It's good practice (but not crucial) to sign in with an internet connection for an activation check just before you leave. That'll give you a 99 day reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome.....thanks John!

I signed in today to check my account and I used Lightroom all day yesterday.....so hopefully that will get me by the next 3 weeks.

Thanks again!

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't see any issues with that timeframe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you failover to a replica VM for disaster recovery and want to use it without the install on there and/or activated already? Need that initial activation? Airgapped solutions need what whitelists for proxies? The entire list of network endpoints for all of Amazon infra or what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to Adobe, a yearly subscription will last for at least 30 days plus a grace period (if you have a yearly).

However my personal experience is that premiere was offline for a week within a monthly subscription before Adobe premiere failed to open (it’s definitely not 30 days) . For our purposes, on remote location it’s not workable . If the software you're using is mission critical I’d suggest signing in before you leave and make sure you’re safely inside the yearly not monthly “grace period” . Furthermore  I’d bring along  back up software, it saved our project when premiere failed on location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you want to do is ensure you have the one daily activation prior to going off line for awhile. This is because the Creative Cloud software verifies the account status on Adobe servers once a day. If the account is in good standing (that is, payment is up-to-date) when the last verification happens, the software status refreshes to run for at least 99 days offline.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ensure you have the one daily activation prior to going off line for awhile.

Agreed +1.   To do this : Sign-OUT of the CC Desktop App and Sign-IN again.

Never reset the computer system date (this will cancel the offline period).

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm this used to be true, but I guess Adobe changed its mind because I can't use photoshop while my computer is offline any longer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sinewavesurfers wrote:

Hmmm this used to be true, but I guess Adobe changed its mind because I can't use photoshop while my computer is offline any longer

Maybe you can't and therefore you should start a new support post. Something isn't right on your end, PS should do this. 

Adobe didn't change it's mind.

The Creative Cloud software verifies the account status on Adobe servers once a day. If the account is in good standing (that is, payment is up-to-date) when the last verification happens, the software status refreshes to run for at least 99 days offline with an annual subscription. Month to month, much less! 

See: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/kb/internet-connection-creative-cloud-apps.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/manage-apps-services-desktop.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can repeat yourself as many times as you want mate, doesn't change the fact that some of us are experiencing NO GRACE PERIOD. I get asked to login sometimes multiple times per day. I have yearly sub paid up front and this is just unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe you can't and therefore you should start a new support post with updated information. Something isn't right on your end, LR should do this. 

Adobe didn't change it's mind.

See: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/kb/internet-connection-creative-cloud-apps.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/manage-apps-services-desktop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines