• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

works slow on library module

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My LR is up to date, I am using imac pro 2017 3,2 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W, Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB, 2 GB 2666 MHz DDR4, 2 TB SSD.

Lately(for the past 10 days) I have big lag working in library mode. If i switch to develop I can see the image with the preset applied much faster than in library. I think the problem is related with the latest LR update....

Does anybody know what to do? I already try to build 1:1 previews but it doesn't help.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

It's possible that the Dropbox utility that monitors folders is interfering with LR.  So if rebuilding previews doesn't help, try disabling the Dropbox service on your Mac to see if that improves things.  Go to the Dropbox app's Preferences > General and uncheck Start Dropbox On System Startup; restart your computer and then see if the problem is improved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

I rebuild previews and it worked. Also for other users I found that the catalogs with this type of problems are those how previously have been build/colorazed on M1 processors.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the LR menu command Help > System Info and copy/paste the entire contents here so we can see exactly which versions of hardware and software LR thinks you're running.  With that information, we can make the most informed recommendations for next steps rather than guessing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic version: 12.1 [ 202212072312-d7ab524b ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en-RO
Operating system: Mac OS 13
Version: 13.0.1 [22A400]
Application architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 16
Processor speed: 3,2GHz
SqLite Version: 3.36.0
Built-in memory: 32.768,0 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 32.768,0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 2.435,9 MB (7,4%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 40.859,6 MB
Memory cache size: 100,4MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 15.1 [ 1329 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 46MB / 16383MB (0%)
Camera Raw real memory: 48MB / 32768MB (0%)
Standard Preview Size: 5120 pixels
Displays: 1) 5120x2880

Graphics Processor Info:
Metal: AMD Radeon Pro Vega 56
Init State: GPU for Export supported by default
User Preference: Auto

Application folder: /Applications/Adobe Lightroom Classic
Library Path: /Users/harietajigovan/Harvest Dropbox/Jigovan Alexandru/Mac/Desktop/WORK/PROMOTIA2023/14. Baptist 12B/LR - Baptist 12B/LR - Baptist 12B.lrcat
Settings Folder: /Users/harietajigovan/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom

Installed Plugins:
1) AdobeStock
2) Aperture/iPhoto Importer Plug-in
3) Flickr
4) jf Folder Publisher
5) JPEGmini
6) Loupedeck2
7) Nikon Tether Plugin

Config.lua flags: None

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would very suspicious of your catalog (lrcat) path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah something seems really odd there. Try moving the catalog to your internal drive, NOT anything related to Dropbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Troubleshooting steps:

1. Place a copy of the catalog folder on the local drive somewhere that's not managed by Dropbox. Does that copy have the problem?

2. Delete all Library previews in that catalog copy by deleting the file <catalog> Previews.lrdata.  Start LR and do Library > Previews > Build Standard Sized Previews. When that completes (let it run overnight for large catalogs), does the problem still occur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more step:

3. go to File >Plug-in Manager, select Loupedeck, and click Disable on the Status panel on the right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not support active working LrC catalogs on network shares, be that a server, a NAS, or the Cloud. They in fact state do not do that. Some people get that to work, that is until it fails.

You will see many postings on failure in DropBox, in OneDrive, in GoogleDrive, etc. And many on NAS.

Oddly Adobe sort of does support locating the original images on these shares (but apparently with the caveat of Smart Previews). However, that eventually fails, and users have to repair their catalogs.

Apparently this is largely due to settings in the various shares and/or their lack of the settings appropriate to SQLite databases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using my storage(it's actually a folder from desktop). It appears like this is a catalog running from dropbox because I have backed up the hole mac storage. But the files are on drive.

i will try to delete my previews and rebuild them. Hope that solve the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible that the Dropbox utility that monitors folders is interfering with LR.  So if rebuilding previews doesn't help, try disabling the Dropbox service on your Mac to see if that improves things.  Go to the Dropbox app's Preferences > General and uncheck Start Dropbox On System Startup; restart your computer and then see if the problem is improved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I rebuild previews and it worked. Also for other users I found that the catalogs with this type of problems are those how previously have been build/colorazed on M1 processors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines