• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Would like to ask how can I import the same photos in 2nd time?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry for about that I have some photos already edited in before, but I have removed in LR by my mistake, I would like to import these photos again, but all the photos are "grey" and cannot select again.

I have also un-tick the "Don't import suspected duplicates", but seem no effect:

截圖 2021-07-04 下午2.40.06.png

Would like to ask is there have any step I have missed?

Thank you for your attention and help in advance.

Best regard,

Gary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no need to import a second time (in fact, this is a bad thing to do). Exit out of the Import Dialog box (click on Cancel). Go to the Library Module. Find the photos of interest by using the Folder Panel and going to the proper folder, or by clicking on All Photographs (it's under Catalog) and then searching by File Name. Once you find them in the Library Module, you can perform any Lightroom Classic task you want on the photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You wrongly believe you've removed them from Lightroom. The import dialog shows they are still in the catalog. Most likely you only removed them from a collection you had selected, not from the catalog.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well noted, thanks. 🙂

I have just solved it and can edit the photos now.

Thanks for your help. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines