It seems that if I Save Metadata to files and then read it back something gets lost related to keywords in the process.I’m running LrC 11.2 on Windows/10.
1) Select images that have a specific KW by clicking on the right arrow on the keyword line in the keyword list which sets a metadata filer for the KW and shows me the images in the grid.
2) to be able to find the images again add them to the Quick collection. This step is not Germaine to the problem.
3) Highlight some or all of the selected images and Save Metadata to files
4) With same images still selected, and metadata filter still active, Read Metadata from files
5) As the “Read Metadata” process runs, each of the images disappears from the grid, one by one, leaving the grid saying “No Photos Found”. However, the count of images shown in the metadata filter still has the full count as does the count on the keyword line
6) Go to the Quick Collection to get to the images visible again and turn off the metadata filter. Then select the same images, the check mark appears on the keyword line in the Keyword List indicating that these images still have the KW
7) Turn off the metadata filter and turn it back on, nothing changes. The Keyword Metadata filter still does not recognize that these images have the keyword.
8) If I turn off the metadata filter off (so images show again) and turn on a text filter for KW contains and the name of the keyword, the images stay visible. So, the text filter on Keywords can see that the images have this KW, but the Metadata filter cannot see that the images have the KW (doesn’t show them in the grid) even though the count in the metadata filter implies that it can see the KW on those images.
9) Turn the metadata filter back on, the images once again disappear
10) With the images still selected, click the check mark on the keyword to disassociate the KW from the images then click it again to re-associate the images with the KW, all is right again and turning on the metadata filter shows the 4 images