Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong color space when exporting images as layers in Photoshop

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Not sure if it is a bug but as the behavior is different from the mundane "Edit in Photoshop" which asks me everytime if I want to keep the color space embedded or use another one.

When you select multiple pictures to edit them in Photoshop (for my case it was to do focus focus stacking), I did not have any pop-up asking me which color space to preserve and so the behavior for Photoshop was to use sRGB by default and my colors were off. 

I had to tweak the settings of Photoshop to make it use the embedded profile everytime in the "Color Management Policies" and only then the option "Open as Layers in Photoshop" preserved my colors from Lightroom.

I have the latest Photoshop (23.4.2) and Lightroom Classic (11.4.1).

Thank you

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

If it is a bug, then it would be a Photoshop bug, not a Lightroom Classic bug. It makes sense to set the color management policies to 'preserve embedded profiles' however, regardless of whether you want Photoshop to warn you or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is a bug, then it would be a Photoshop bug, not a Lightroom Classic bug. It makes sense to set the color management policies to 'preserve embedded profiles' however, regardless of whether you want Photoshop to warn you or not.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess it will do it. I let anyone report the bug to the Photoshop forum if it bothers him. For me this fix (i.e. checking "preserve embedded profiles" in the color management policies) works fine.

Thanks.

Alexandre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

not a bug, just basic color management workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines