Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong colors in imported or edited pictures

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have Leica Q camera and I started to use Lightroom recently. When I view pictures on Windows, they look great, but when I view them in Lightroom colors are off. There is pink tint on every picture. After I adjust white balance lips look very unatural and still too pink. I tried Silkypix and the same picture with adjusted white ballance looks totaly correct with realistic colours.

I would like to continue using Lightroom, but do not know how to fix the issue.

Thank you for help,

Audrius

L1000083-1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

It seems that there aren't any additional camera profiles for the Leica Q.

See Re: Leica Q on Mac OS X and Lightroom CC 2015.1.1

If you'd be willing to share a raw file (DNG), I could take a look at it, and see if I get the same results.

You could pick an image without any personal content, put it on Dropbox, and post the link here.

The reason that the image changes after a second is that LR needs a little time to render the raw file, and will display the embedded jpg briefly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help to see the histogram in Lightroom for this image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please find histogram below.

Histogram.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The histogram looks fine, but you have certainly pushed the tint towards the magenta, perhaps that is the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately colours are off directly after importing. Even if I just use

white balance tool on white paper - colors look wrong even after exporting

to jpeg and if viewed by windows viewer.

I tried to reinstall the program, but this did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the colors don't look right immediately after importing ... should they? I think they should look correct after you correct the white balance, perhaps you need to deviate from the auto white balance tools results and tone down the magenta some; if not then perhaps some localized WB correction is needed?

Viewing the photos in Windows Photo Viewer doesn't always give an accurate representation of true colors. You need to select a color managed application to view the photos outside of LR.

When you export, you need to be sure to select color space sRGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that you have a defective monitor profile.

Most applications don't use the monitor profile, but Lightroom does, and needs a sound profile to display colors accurately.

As troubleshooting and as a (temporary) fix, try setting the profile to sRGB (Adobe RGB if you have a wide gamut monitor).

If this fixes the issue, you should ideally calibrate the monitor with a hardware calibrator.

Press the Windows key+R, type colorcpl in the box, and hit Enter.

Add the sRGB profile, then set it as Default profile. See screenshot (from Windows 7) below.

Make sure that Use my settings for this device is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  thank you for advices. I have updated monitor profiles, but result is still the same. I have downloaded DXO and picture looks much more real after I adjust white ballance. Please let me know if you will have more ideas for troubleshooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it isn't the monitor profile, there are a couple of other possibilities.

1. You are using a Develop preset on import. Under Apply During Import on the right hand side of the import dialog, make sure Develop Settings is set to None.
  2. With an open image in Develop, go to the Camera Calibration panel, and see how the image reacts to the different profiles.
    If you find one that works better, go to Develop menu > Set default settings, then click Update to current settings.This will make Lightroom use the camera profile you have chosen as default for all photos from that camera.
    Make sure all other develop settings are set to default (no adjustments) when doing this!

Camera-calibration.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have checked, that I am not using "develop during import". After I have imported the picture at first it looked ok, but after 1 second it changed colours - became more red.

In camera calibration I have just "Embedded" Profile. Could this be some kind of problem indication?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that there aren't any additional camera profiles for the Leica Q.

See Re: Leica Q on Mac OS X and Lightroom CC 2015.1.1

If you'd be willing to share a raw file (DNG), I could take a look at it, and see if I get the same results.

You could pick an image without any personal content, put it on Dropbox, and post the link here.

The reason that the image changes after a second is that LR needs a little time to render the raw file, and will display the embedded jpg briefly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please find picture sample: Dropbox - L1000124.DNG

I have Nikon as well and when I opened RAW file it was fine. You are correct, Lightroom is missing Leica Q camera profiles.

Do you have any ideas how to get those profiles?

Thanks for great help so far

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. I hound out, that Lightroom needed to be updated manually. After the update "Adobe Standard" profile appeared and colors are ok now.

Best regards,
Audrius

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similiar Problem: After processing an image with a non Adobe programm the importet file has an pink tint in the preview. If I open the file the colors are correct.

Best regards 

Wolfgang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is over 5 years old it would be better to create a new thread with an appropriate header. See the guidelines when creating a thread.

E2A59949-4735-457C-BBFD-D63648249C09.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

not an reply but a correction. 

The colors are still correct until the file is imported. Than the colors are tinted, in PS and LRC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines