Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Wrong Lightroom opening File

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I recently had a windows laptop breakage and had to copy the contents onto an external drive.

I tried copying the pictures folder from external drive to my new Macbook and it hangs part way though - that's problem no 1 but not the main one.

So, I have resorted to copying folder by folder. However when I open  a feew of the copied folders on Macbook it's opening file in LightRoom rather than Lightroom Classic desktop (which is what I want and use)

What am I missing? Any help gratefully appreciated

TOPICS
macOS, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't open single pictures in Lightroom Classic like you can in an image editor. You have to import them into the catalog. If you do not know how Lightroom Classic works, then I would advise you to get the free guide here: https://www.lightroomqueen.com

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines