Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Wrong position on map

Engaged ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the last version of lightroom classic as of spetember 2021.

I was looking at the map of my photos when I realized some photos were not assigned at the right location so I started to move them. But the more I did the more there were photos that were assigned stupid location. I was only moving photos that were single (not clustered with other nearby photos so no error on that point). And I remebered for someof them that the location they had befor was ok. Finally I started to find photos on the map that did not even have GPS coodinates! They were randomly placed on the map. Thats when I realized that lightroom do not respect the cooordinates!!! So I opened 3 different other software using different metadata api and all of them showed the photos in the correct location. I lightroom the error ranges from a few meters to several thousand kilometers. (and it is not a question of cluster and zoom level). So this module is unasable for me, but also I regret having trust it since correctly placed photos were moved by trusting lightroom.

This bug really needs to be corrected.

TOPICS
macOS, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when trying to manually position a photo on the map, the photo is not located at the point I dragged it to, but further to the right and further down. The displacement is always constant, measured in mm on my screen, no matter what resolution the underlying map is in.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RRFfm - That's a long standing problem on high res/high DPI monitors.  The work around is to right-click on the map location and choose "Add GPS Coordinates to Selected Photos" instead of using drag and drop.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

wow, it works, thanks for the quick help!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines