Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XMP data is not saving

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I use an external hard drive between two computers and I just noticed that the edits that I have done are not saving to the xmp files. I'm doing my normal routine of working off my external using my laptop and eventually moving those files to my desktop catalog. I do have the selection checked to automatically write xmp data in the catalog settings. I'm not sure what to do from here. TIA! 

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and eventually moving those files to my desktop catalog

moving what files?

To where?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

Use the Metadata Status column in the Library Filter's Metadata browser to see if photos still have metadata needing to be written back to disk:

johnrellis_0-1636007598169.png

Is the number of "Has been changed" something other than 0?

LR 11 changed internally how it handles writing metadata, and perhaps its getting hung up or going much slower than before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines